Jeremy Renner run over by a snowplow

I mean it’s not factually correct. He’ll have at least one leg to stand on.

I do feel there's a difference between an actor who is currently in hospital after an accident and a dead pope who was known to be a nazi and a peado enabler. I don't think that's a fine line.

I agree that there’s a big difference and I think it’s fine if somebody find something offensive to say so, but it’s obvious that Jark meant no harm by that post.

And not that things said in the past make it more okay now, but wasn’t the whole Zsa Zsa topic about the same thing and almost all of you took part in it for years?

My point wasn't about coming at Jark at all, although he seems to have taken it that way. The joke was a decent enough pun. It's just a culture where disabled humour gets a free pass on here, gets on my wick. It seems to be one of the last hurdles to get over.

By the way everyone dies.

It isn't even confirmed that he's lost a leg so ableism is a bit of a push. This isn't even in the top 100 worst things posted on moopy IMO.

(It was a proper shit dad joke though!)

the fact is this forum as a whole makes tasteless jokes all the time, you can find countless examples in most threads, not leat in the fact that we have a DEATHLIST thread (started by ag, our current reigning moral arbiter!) in which people predict who'll cark it each year.

you can't have a culture of being trivial about death and tasteless about basically everything and then say somebody crossed a line by making a "leg to stand on" joke about somebody who may or may not be an amputee. it wasn't an ABLEIST joke, it was just a dumb wordplay.

set standards and stick to them. if we have to reign it in to exclude stuff like this from moopy, then make it happen across the forum and hold people like ag equally accountable.
Here on Moopy is a case of who said what and double standards. That poor soul Nowocco said something tasteless about Adele and you asked to get banned "this arsehole", something you would never say about a more established poster, who can call a cunt to a number of olf women and nobody would raise an eyebrown. It's not just you, it's something general here, Rita does it all the time, for example.

Anyway, I get more offended by Taylor Who having her own forum than Jark's post, I have to say.

My point wasn't about coming at Jark at all, although he seems to have taken it that way. The joke was a decent enough pun. It's just a culture where disabled humour gets a free pass on here, gets on my wick. It seems to be one of the last hurdles to get over.

By the way everyone dies.
you should be careful about the words you throw around in such laissez faire fashion. there is real ableism out there, don't come for people who are not that. and it particularly got on my TITS because you have a history of being outre with your own humour. hypocrisy is not a cute look (here you are joking about Zsa Zsa's number of limbs).

How do you sit on a toilet with no legs?
The next big one is in 2.5 years. She'll be a centenarian. No limbs, but still a centenarian.
On a positive note, almost everyone has Zsa Zsa on the Deathpool.
She's REALLY brought the crowds in. Dying on a Sunday night, a week before Christmas. Cheers Zsa Zsa!
I'm hoping Jark will ride down hill on her hospital bed in tribute.

others in that thread described her as "a torso, arm and head" and "a tooth attached to a brain stem", btw, it was hardly just you. but maybe check yourself before you come for others.

Glad you took time out to check my posts from five years ago.

Get over it.

And poor Morrissey when he got tangled in that cow grate, you rotten lot
I mean, I even wrote and posted a whole song about that in which Moopy captured the distressed Mozzer and then ate him so I'm in REAL trouble.

Do we even have an ABLEISM EPIDEMIC? I feel like Ag just wants to show off he’s learned a new word.
My best mate is a wheelchair user, so I'm quite well versed on the matter. It's not an epidemic, it just gets a pass on here when it happens.

Some people have said much worse things than Ag and nobody questions them, basically because they're not Ag. Just saying. :redface:

I genuinely don't see how someone losing a limb is RIPE for jokes but maybe I'm WEIRD. This exact same shit "joke" has been done here before as well. I do agree with what @Alla said though.

I feel like we need to draw a line under this before it turns into a competition to see who can dredge up the worst thing another poster has ever said. Faloola Chong died to save us from this sort of thing.

For the record I didn’t have any issue with the original joke that was made, but by the same token people need to be allowed to speak up if a post upsets them, whether or not that leads to any action from the mods.

I feel like we need to draw a line under this before it turns into a competition to see who can dredge up the worst thing another poster has ever said. Faloola Chong died to save us from this sort of thing.

For the record I didn’t have any issue with the original joke that was made, but by the same token people need to be allowed to speak up if a post upsets them, whether or not that leads to any action from the mods.
I agree people need to be able to speak up, but you can't throw somebody under the bus and scream ableism and not expect a response to that. if i feel ag speaking up is deeply hypocritical, I'll say it. happy to draw a line under it here.

I agree people need to be able to speak up, but you can't throw somebody under the bus and scream ableism and not expect a response to that. if i feel ag speaking up is deeply hypocritical, I'll say it. happy to draw a line under it here.
That’s fair enough. Ableism was a strong word to use and I don’t think it was applicable here.

I do think that any poster should have the right to speak up though, regardless of their past form; the right to challenge shouldn’t be relative to prior conduct.

Now if you need me, I’ll be in the Madeline McCann thread.

I feel like we need to draw a line under this before it turns into a competition to see who can dredge up the worst thing another poster has ever said.

Sounds fun tbh? The winner gets a 28-days cancellation and GB News premium subscription

Sounds fun tbh? The winner gets a 28-days cancellation and GB News premium subscription
In fairness that was why I was in the Madeline McCann thread. There’s so much juicy shit in there that Angela Rippon would definitely be knocking on my door with that premium subscription.

I’ve spent far too much time looking up the Brian Harvey incident in the past. The story goes that he had eaten 3 jacket potatoes with tuna and cheese in succession. As he was driving he suddenly felt bloated and had to be sick, so he leaned out of his car door when driving slowly and instead of hitting the brakes, he accidentally hit the accelerator, falling out of the car and under his own wheels.

I’ve spent far too much time looking up the Brian Harvey incident in the past. The story goes that he had eaten 3 jacket potatoes with tuna and cheese in succession. As he was driving he suddenly felt bloated and had to be sick, so he leaned out of his car door when driving slowly and instead of hitting the brakes, he accidentally hit the accelerator, falling out of the car and under his own wheels.
Absolutely brilliant. Up there with Princess Margaret somehow scalding BOTH feet while presumably long jumping into the bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom