Jeremy Renner run over by a snowplow

VoR

Take it or leave it
’Critical but stable’ - unconfirmed Twitter rumours that he’s lost a leg :o

• Sad
Reactions: COB
Disney's PR department readying their 'first amputee superhero' press release to promote The Avengers 8 as we speak.

And poor him, what a horrible thing to happen :( I can only imagine the scenes on his official app if it was still going.

Another name to add to the list of celebrities who inexplicably managed to run themselves over.

• Wow
Reactions: D5K
Renner: Someone tell Disney that I’m sorry I ruined all their plans for Hawkeye.
Disney: Yes. We had plans for Hawkeye that weren’t ‘replace him with Hailee Steinfeld at the earliest opportunity’.

How awful - poor guy.

(This bit is edited because RJN made me find my conscience)

Last edited:
he could always try to sue the plow manufacturer. but i'm afraid he won't have a leg to stand on.

Shades of the lovely Anton Yelchin getting run over by his own car when he was checking his letterbox :(

he could always try to sue the plow manufacturer. but i'm afraid he won't have a leg to stand on.
Not Cool Thumbs Down GIF by MIA GLADSTONE

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the logistics of it, but he ate so many that he felt ill on his way home, so leant out of his car to be sick, but accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake and threw himself from the car which then ran him over.

E22n_ACXEAA_eFy

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the logistics of it, but he ate so many that he felt ill on his way home, so leant out of his car to be sick, but accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake and threw himself from the car which then ran him over.

E22n_ACXEAA_eFy

We’ve all done it.

It has only JUST hit me that the baked potato thing is most probably a front, isn't it, and he was actually off his tits on something he didn't want to use as a defence to the police.

In my defence I was younger and naive when this story first passed in to legend back in 2005

I'm so glad that cleared up absolutely nothing at all :D

It has only JUST hit me that the baked potato thing is most probably a front, isn't it, and he was actually off his tits on something he didn't want to use as a defence to the police.
Danniella Westbrook to apologise on screen.

REPORTED

Moopy still seems to think it's OK making jokes about disabilities and I genuinely don't understand why so much is unacceptable now on Moopy, but not disability jokes.

I do feel there's a difference between an actor who is currently in hospital after an accident and a dead pope who was known to be a nazi and a peado enabler. I don't think that's a fine line.

the fact is this forum as a whole makes tasteless jokes all the time, you can find countless examples in most threads, not leat in the fact that we have a DEATHLIST thread (started by ag, our current reigning moral arbiter!) in which people predict who'll cark it each year.

you can't have a culture of being trivial about death and tasteless about basically everything and then say somebody crossed a line by making a "leg to stand on" joke about somebody who may or may not be an amputee. it wasn't an ABLEIST joke, it was just a dumb wordplay.

set standards and stick to them. if we have to reign it in to exclude stuff like this from moopy, then make it happen across the forum and hold people like ag equally accountable.

Reactions: GNL
I suppose I think that people can make whatever jokes they want to make and if anyone finds them a bit OFF they can say so?

I don't really see it as a grand scale Policy Issue, personally

From a mod perspective I wouldn't consider Jark's post to be beyond the pale, but it's a democracy so I'm happy to have the discussion if people feel that strongly about it.

It's just a bit TOO SOON. The poor bugger is in the ICU, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom