Little things that make you uncomfortable or squeamish

Rowan Tree 🌳

maybe this time i'll win :)
What are yours?

I struggle with ketchup and various sauces. Especially when they gone horrible and congealed to the plastic bottle.

I don't like bottles and tins of drinks (water is OK), especially if they've been used, and can't drink from them and would struggle to hold them. What a princess etc etc. Especially tins of Monster.

There are some awful things I'm fine with, so I don't mean this in an uppity way.

What makes you shiver?

Oh, and I don't drink from cans or bottles if someone else has drunk from them. If they ask for a sip I'll just give them the rest of the bottle. I don't like sharing a cigarette either.

Also, strange as it's meant to be relaxing, but that ASMR stuff always makes me feel tense and uncomfortable.

Polystyrene makes me want to vomit

I think I've got mild trypophobia. Some images/things don't affect me, but others definitely give me an odd feeling of nausea - a bit like motion sickness.

In terms of feeling things, it's wet sand on my feet. Totally makes me gag.

Nothing weird, just snakes and the sound of people constantly sniffing.

During COVID and working from home days, the sound of the MS Teams ‘ping’ alert used to get my blood pressure raised. I permanently muted it when I figured out how.

I am trypophobic. If that counts. And seriously so. When I’m stressed and/ or anxious, I even dream about them.

I had to Google that and I totally get it. It doesn’t horrify or affect me massively, but it feels weird and uncomfortable to look at. Especially the patterns on human skin; even though they’re all fake.

I assume it’s something tribal or primeval that causes the reaction because it’s not based on any past experience or trauma.

Friction noises I’m largely ok with like chalkboards and squeaky plates. But the two that bother me are the friction of dry towels and paper plates. If you know you know. I’m shivering just typing this.

Wooden cutlery is a bit weird also but doesn’t bother me the way it does some people!

Wood. I bought a bamboo toothbrush and the rubbing of wood against my skin made me shudder. It lasted 3 days.

I don't like it when I eat cotton candy and my face is covered in sugar, there are also some things that bother me in my intimate life - I don't know if this topic is appropriate...

I don't like it when I eat cotton candy and my face is covered in sugar, there are also some things that bother me in my intimate life - I don't know if this topic is appropriate...
You do know that you're supposed to put it in your mouth Carla love, not roll your face in it?

rubbing of hands on cotton wool
anything trypophobia educing apart from honeycomb
Nails or scratching on a blackboard (never really see it but from films or the thought of it)
A cats sandpaper tongue (I love cats other than that)
people wearing shoes/boots/trainers and knowing or seeing they aren't wearing socks

Watching The Weakest Link tonight, I’ve just realised ventriloquists make me feel a bit ill. The “art” should have died with Keith Harris.

Add me to the common theme of wood going in my mouth

Wait wait no! I mean actual wood!

Licking the wooden stick from an ice lolly makes my teeth itch.

Other thing that comes to mind is personal space invasion. If you're close enough to kiss me you'd better be someone I actually want to kiss or I'll keep backing away and we'll probably do that "dance" around the room where I keep trying to maintain my bubble.

You do know that you're supposed to put it in your mouth Carla love, not roll your face in it?

Tell us all about your intimate life, Carla.

NOT appropriate thank you Carla. Keep your felching stories to yourself.

:D:D:D:D:D AMAZING!

I bizarrely never sat on a toilet seat until I was about...34 :D I mean apart from as a very young kid when shown how presumably, but the second I was old enough myself, never. It horrifies me so much - just the thought of someone else sat there previously taking a dump while my cheeks sat on the same spot? No no no.

This includes the toilet in my own home. Which is weird because I'm not overly sensitive to cleanliness or hygiene things really

In the end I gave in because hovering was just TOO MUCH WORK and I wondered how on earth I would keep that up as an old man. At 40, it's hard enough.

So that's gone but I still cannot stand it, and won't ever do it in public toilets or anywhere unfamiliar usually

I mean to be fair, some of the loos in the PUBS, after wading through the paddling pool to get there, I would not fancy wetting my arse on.

I bizarrely never sat on a toilet seat until I was about...34 :D I mean apart from as a very young kid when shown how presumably, but the second I was old enough myself, never. It horrifies me so much - just the thought of someone else sat there previously taking a dump while my cheeks sat on the same spot? No no no.

This includes the toilet in my own home. Which is weird because I'm not overly sensitive to cleanliness or hygiene things really

In the end I gave in because hovering was just TOO MUCH WORK and I wondered how on earth I would keep that up as an old man. At 40, it's hard enough.

So that's gone but I still cannot stand it, and won't ever do it in public toilets or anywhere unfamiliar usually
Did you not take a poo for 34 years?

Anything to do with going in or near the eyes
Fish stands at indoor markets
Men who aren't in drag or who aren't fabulous who have long fingernails
Cotton wool
Ketchup
The phrase "bean juice"
Tinned meats
Children when they have snot just dangling there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom