Marvel Cinematic Universe General Chat

Their approach to those shows was so insane, I didn't realise they didn't have showrunners before :shock:

At what point do they scrap the whole thing? Also it’s shocking that Ms Marvel is the least watched show when utter garbage like Secret Invasion and Captain America are there
Captain America was back when there was hope for these shows and I guess Secret Invasion had the cast and a bit of anticipation. It's all trash cans racing though.

Secret Invasion has been the only MCU TV Show I never really bothered outside the very first episode. I read chapter summaries just to catch up but my God, it seemed like a waste of time and a waste of characters; not even ChatGPT could have come up with that shit.

Every time I see a notification from @Pipo udpating this thread I get such anxiety about how much worse it can possibly get

And of course he never disappoints

:TurtleTime:

we've still got two months to go till 2024 funks, IT GETS WORSE!

Example #1

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever introduced Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams, who first suited up as Ironheart throughout that sequel. Her own solo series, Ironheart, was announced at Comic-Con months before that film came out, but it’s been plagued with its own issues behind the scenes that forced numerous delays.

Initially meant to debut in Fall 2023, Ironheart is now looking at a September 3, 2025 release on Disney+, meaning fans will go nearly three years between seeing the next character to honor the Iron Man legacy. And with thrilling new characters being introduced in this show, reportedly including Sacha Baron Cohen as Mephisto, anticipation is high to see what happens.

This show was FILMED IN 2022 :bruised:

Doing another Avengers film with the originals? Talk about desperate. How about a Scarlet Witch film you cunts.

as if Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans would come back in any capacity.

a Scarlet Witch movie would be a dream, but remember, she's "dead" :eyes:

Meh on Scarlet Witch. Liked the TV series but she’s not a headline movie character that I look forward to seeing.

I know. How about… be grateful for the BILLIONS the MCU has made thus far and call it a day because nothing lasts forever and it’s just got too boring and complicated? :bad:

They never should have killed off Erik Killmonger. Obviously not knowing Chadwick Boseman’s fate, but if he had taken over Black Panther as a redemption arc for the character they’d have been on a much better trajectory. And Michael B Jordan isn’t problematic.

They never should have killed off Erik Killmonger. Obviously not knowing Chadwick Boseman’s fate, but if he had taken over Black Panther as a redemption arc for the character they’d have been on a much better trajectory. And Michael B Jordan isn’t problematic.
If they can revive characters using the ruse of the multiverse, like they're considering, they can do it with Killmonger. Although considering what happened at the end of Wakanda Forever, I'd rather they explored that.

Going backwards to the original cast is a disaster on every level. It looks desperate, it tells everyone you've run out of ideas, it dilutes what was one of the greatest franchises in cinema history, and if it's not even close to as good as the original franchise (which it won't be) you shit all over the legacy.

Batshit crazy!

If they’re bringing back original cast members, it should be Chris Evans and Hayley Atwell in a 1960s set spy thing where they can’t draw too much attention because no one knows that Captain America is there.

I'm still seeing all the films in cinemas but have started to drop off when it comes to the TV stuff. I like the idea of interconnected stories but it all just seems aimless, poorly thought-through and not worth my time.

Like that article says, just a couple of years ago "Marvel Studios" generally meant MUST-SEE and now it's... something else. 🥴

The TV thing was their biggest ever mistake. Spin offs should have been for the most part separate canon, but they played full fanboy service and interconnected almost EVERYTHING, to the point where most people just can't follow anymore, or even when you can, all the easter eggs and references make you feel like you've gatecrashed a party and you're not in on the joke.

Just really really bad planning and I'm shocked they didn't forsee it.

The problem with the TV shows is that they're just not compelling enough. It's essentially just filler between the films because they're not gonna have anything important happen in them.

MORE STUFF!!!

Could be interesting though

general election uk GIF by BBC

This is just a new branding for some existing stuff, I think? Echo will be one, and I'm guessing the Daredevil series as well.

Why have they still not touched the X-Men? Do they not own enough of it or something?
There was a rumour going around that they can't use any X-Men characters until 2026, but it doesn't appear to be well-sourced and might be nonsense. I think it's more that they were planning to take their time introducing them, and doing Fantastic Four first made sense as they're more closely connected to the Kang storyline they've decided to go with.

They're going to continue playing with the Fox versions of the characters though, with a huge amount of them planned for Deadpool 3 (and some of them probably due to show up in Secret Wars too).

The continuation of the x-men animated series is coming out sometime next year.

Five months of reshoots? That seems like a lot :shock:

That's how Marvel have constantly worked, which is (partly) what makes their films so expensive. Starting with an acceptable script rather than trying to fix everything in post might be a better option going forward.

That's true, and they should definitely stop doing that in general, but in this specific instance (assuming these reshoots are taking place for that whole period) the reshoots will take more than half the time most MCU films do principal photography for - they tend to film for around 6-8 months. That seems excessive, so they could be retooling things pretty radically (either in response to their current woes or it was always planned for after the strikes were over).

The fact that this film will apparently prominently feature the character of Sabra (Israeli superheroine and former Mossad agent) is potentially another factor in the delay, they're probably praying that the international spotlight will be elsewhere by the time the film comes out :eyes:

I'm still quite agog that Harrison Ford signed up for this :D As if dealing with Star Wars shit in interviews isn't enough, now he'll get Marvel questions forever too... I'm expecting him to be good value on the promo circuit.

I haven't been watching, but apparently season two of Loki was actually really good by the end so I'm probably gonna catch up soon :o

I haven't been watching, but apparently season two of Loki was actually really good by the end so I'm probably gonna catch up soon :o
Seeing rave reviews for the finale.:shock: Let me get started on this before my €2/month deal runs out and I’ll have to torrent it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom