Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 8 - Greece, Finland, Israel & Azerbaijan RESULTS

One week to go! The deadline is 4pm GMT on Tuesday 8th February, so if you're the sort of person who means to start listening to these and then realises on deadline day they totally forgot (NAMING NO NAMES), maybe just pop the playlist on in the background today? I can promise you'll be vibing MULTIPLE TIMES :disco:

@RJN, @Music, @David 5000, @Ill Advised, @auretz, @Kratz, @Broomhelga, @dmlaw, @ZenGiraffe, @Kevin7, @Haiku, @PopLife, @Jacques, @Madison, @Ag, @Apocalypt Flyer, @Dark Carnival, @ButterTart, @Raining On Me, @Tetris-Rock, @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA, @Zu 2, @Kevin, @Karma, @lolly, @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid

I'm quite prepared to say that Israeli selection was the worst we've had so far (And that includes the 2010-2019 rate). All but three of them were in the running for my NUL POINTS, so the majority have scored through default not endorsement.

I'm away for the weekend so might not have the ability to send reminders while I'm away, but just a reminder that the deadline is 4pm GMT on Tuesday 8th February - start your weekends off right with a quick blast of the playlist, because we've got some real 00s classics in here :disco:

@RJN, @Music, @David 5000, @Ill Advised, @auretz, @Kratz, @Broomhelga, @dmlaw, @ZenGiraffe, @Kevin7, @Haiku, @PopLife, @Jacques, @Madison, @Ag, @Apocalypt Flyer, @Dark Carnival, @Raining On Me, @Tetris-Rock, @AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAaaaA, @Zu 2, @Kevin, @Karma, @HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid

Maybe FINLAND, FRANCE OR SPAIN, BERLIN PRAGUE OR ROME

This round is such a gag - there's nothing from Greece that I would score less than a 6 or a 7.

Finland - quite tedious then (and quite tedious now) but a few gems in the mix.

:D at the all or nothing of Azerbaijan!

Ok, I have started.

Israel was possibly the worst so far, in that everything was bad, but not SO AWFUL that it was at least entertaining in its own way. Just pathetically limp songs all round. So glad they got their act together in the 10s

The stunning highs of Greece :disco:

Not the wall to wall tits out bangers I was expecting, but Helena, Kalomoira and Sakis make up for any amount of shit at the bottom of the pile.

I had no idea this was happening here, but I've just read all of @Queen of the Bay comments on the Greek entries and it was like I was reliving moments from the past. Could you make it a permanent fixture of yours to write weird facts about Greek artists?

I had no idea this was happening here, but I've just read all of @Queen of the Bay comments on the Greek entries and it was like I was reliving moments from the past. Could you make it a permanent fixture of yours to write weird facts about Greek artists?
Sakis's ex manager, yes that one, is doing a youtube blog sharing his memoirs where he invites several friends to talk about things they've lived through together, it is hilarious and there's a lot of inside info brought forward but most of it is unrelated to Eurovision, but do watch it it's like opening a time capsule.

Sakis's ex manager, yes that one, is doing a youtube blog sharing his memoirs where he invites several friends to talk about things they've lived through together, it is hilarious and there's a lot of inside info brought forward but most of it is unrelated to Eurovision, but do watch it it's like opening a time capsule.
I saw part of this and just the sound of his voice makes me want to vomit.
His presence in general is repulsive to me.

Hold On Waiting GIF by Fleischer Studios

2nd: Elnur & Samir - Day After Day (12pts)
elnur-and-samir-of-azerbaijan-performs-during-the-final-of-the-song-picture-id81226516

How do you make a debut entrance at an institution like the Eurovision Song Contest? A question many negotiated this decade. Some, like Albania (we'll get there, I promise), went for a little faun lost that transformed into a disco diva queen of the world of make believe. Some, like Latvia, went for the spectacle of a man plausibly either on drugs or on a list (or both!). Each grasped something of the essential spirit of the contest in doing so.

And Azerbaijan? The latest of all the debutantes this decade - bar just San Marino, who joined the ride with them in Belgrade - they abandoned all notions of taste and credibility, and sent a man with hair down to his tits and Baku's local pocket gay to screech their way through a hammed up rock opera adaptation of the war between Heaven and Hell at the end of Revelations. And who can say they didn't grasp the entire point of everything the contest stands for from the off?

1 x 12 (@Eyes)
19 x 0 (Everyone else)

1st: Aysel & Arash - Always (228pts)
maxresdefault.jpg

Is there anything worse than when the songwriting talent doesn't realise they need to get off the stage? Well, maybe cot death. But nonetheless, pairing Azerbaijan's most fragrant hottie with your mate's balding dad who runs the local corner shop was very much a decision that satisfied nobody bar @Madison in 2009 (and probably a select few perverts into that sort of thing - I'M WATCHING YOU @ButterTart)

However, when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest, you really can't keep a good banger well staged down, and heaven knows with this much Scandi songwriting sprinkled liberally throughout, this ended up as an absolute kerbstomping of a duel for the Azeri crown - to say nothing of the bronze medal this garnered in Moscow Globen on the big night. The Moopy denizens actually turned this into the most overwhelming win of any round when you all voted back in the dim and distant mists of early February, just about edging out the 204 point win Visionary Dream got for Georgia in the round before. Still, in a contest of rock vs souk-flavoured Scandipop, I don't imagine that came as much surprise to anyone. Through to the semifinals go the bride and the father of the bride, arseshaking routine and all!

19 x 12 (Literally everyone who wasn't @Eyes)
1 x 0 (@Eyes)

2nd: Elnur & Samir - Day After Day (12pts)
elnur-and-samir-of-azerbaijan-performs-during-the-final-of-the-song-picture-id81226516

How do you make a debut entrance at an institution like the Eurovision Song Contest? A question many negotiated this decade. Some, like Albania (we'll get there, I promise), went for a little faun lost that transformed into a disco diva queen of the world of make believe. Some, like Latvia, went for the spectacle of a man plausibly either on drugs or on a list (or both!). Each grasped something of the essential spirit of the contest in doing so.

And Azerbaijan? The latest of all the debutantes this decade - bar just San Marino, who joined the ride with them in Belgrade - they abandoned all notions of taste and credibility, and sent a man with hair down to his tits and Baku's local pocket gay to screech their way through a hammed up rock opera adaptation of the war between Heaven and Hell at the end of Revelations. And who can say they didn't grasp the entire point of everything the contest stands for from the off?

1 x 12 (@Eyes)
19 x 0 (Everyone else)

This could have been great. For example:

I am torn, I am torn
Build me up, build me up
Dead alive, dead alive
'Cause you broke me into pieces
You broke me into pieces

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom