Most streamed songs of each year since 1952

The BRIT single certifications are sometimes interesting to see. These days you often see a Gavin DeGraw or a 3 Doors Down nabbing a gold cert for an old 2002 song that didn't chart here, but did score big in the US at the time. Meanwhile genuine UK hits from that era (especially from the pop acts) are still to get any certification whatsoever.

But I still wouldn’t really believe that Gavin DeGraw is more familiar to or more loved by the UK public than say the Sugababes or Blue.

Spotify office interns have a lot to answer for.

Last edited:
It's worth nothing that Party in the USA is a banger that crosses International lines. It was written by Jessica J!

It's definitely not a Romford party.

It's worth nothing that Party in the USA is a banger that crosses International lines. It was written by Jessica J!

Jessie J? She is a Moopy favorite if I remember correctly

In which case anybody streaming it should be tried for WAR CRIMES

I can't bear Shape of you. It just seems a lot more popular than it deserves to be.
It wouldn't be hard for it to be more popular than it deserves to be, given that it's first play should have been met with an embarrassed silence and the words, "Dude, wash your fucking sheets".

Cry To Me by Solomon Burke, which never charted in the UK, is the most streamed song of 1962 in the UK? Why?

Oh right. That absolutely makes sense. But also means that I bet hardly anyone listening to it is actually choosing to listen to that track specifically. And I bet a fair proportion of those listening to it don't even know who it is by :D

The lack of females is rather disheartening, particularly as a homosexual :(

..and Toxic is miles ahead of both which shows how much attention I pay to these things

Her back catalogue has exploded in the past few years, and Baby, Oops, Slave, Womanizer and Gimme More all get massive streams.

But Toxic is ridiculous. 500k a day, then up to 1.2 million on Halloween and similar amounts on NYE. Per day. Crazy numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom