PJ Harvey - general discussion (new vinyl reissues)

I imagine PEEJ will earn more from signing a few ART CARDS + remaster sales royalties than she would from releasing an entire new album :D

Perched and READY for the White Chalk vinyl :disco:
Yeah, but we need NEW MUSIC.

I also noticed recently there's a (professionally recorded?) Let England Shake at RAH gig in full on youtube -

I didn't go to this, as I went to Tori Amos at Royal Albert Hall* the NIGHT BEFORE (imagine! Tori & PJ B2B) and could only afford one gig at the time, so this is particularly sweet for myself :disco:

*Tori was incredible of course :disco:

^OMG wasn't it amazing? Still one of my most memorable and beautiful gigs of all time.

I've been having a POLLY WEEKEND, and it's so hard to rank her albums. I kind of love them all aside from Uh Huh Her which I've never connected with no matter how many times I I've tried (see also: Radiohead's Hail To The Thief). I do love Shame though.

LETS TRY:
01 To Bring You My Love
02 White Chalk
03 Rid Of Me
04 Is This Desire?
05 Let England Shake
06 Dry
07 Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea
08 The Hope Six Demolition Project
09 Uh Huh Her

The John Parish albums, 4-Track Demos and All About Eve are all below Uh Huh Her. The top 5 is IMPOSSIBLY TIGHT.
Let England Shake is incredible, but feels like a completely different artist to the top 4 so quite hard to rank alongside.

The Dry and Dry Demos LPs arrived today and by God it was worth the wait of 28 (!) years to own & listen to this album on vinyl. The pressing is amazing. I feel like I'm actually in the room with the band!

Last edited:
OMG don't they sound so good? I have both Dry and The Demos. The new images on Demos are STUNNING :disco: particularly the back cover.

I really enjoyed Demos more than I was expecting. It's such a nice companion piece, and they all sound great. It's basically Dry: accoustic isn't it?
Fits my (generally quieter) listening habits these days PERFECTLY tbh :D :disco:

Cannot wait to hear the To Bring You My Love demos!

Honestly it's like listening to an entirely new album. The last time I got this feeling was with the Kate Bush remasters.

I'd highly recommend these.

To Bring You My Love, my all-time FAVE PJ track has its demo LIVE :disco:

Really can’t wait for the TBYML demos. It’s such a special album for me.

My Rid Of Me SIGNED vinyl is on its way too :disco:

I love that Polly is remastering her videos alongside the albums too. A really great example of how to preserve your catalogue, and give the fans something new.

Same!

Has she stopped with the signed thing now? To Bring you my Love was out today but no signed editions..

Polly probably CBA any more :D

The completist in me did want the Dance Hall At Louse Point vinyl, but I tried listening to the album the other day and aside from about 2 songs I genuinely HATE IT! :D
Maybe if it goes on sale in future...I can’t imagine the demand will be high, even from PJ loons.

My signed Rid of Me has arrived and it is so beautifu.

@wurst - the signed art print is actually quite large (vinyl cover size) and her sig is just beautiful. I will be framing mine.

Whenever this thread is bumped I think there’s new music coming :(

99-F50874-2134-4469-87-A3-8025-A3-CFC1-BC.jpg

I'm still salty we didn't get "Rid Of Me - Demos" - it'll be to do with contracts and stuff but STILL.

I'm still salty we didn't get "Rid Of Me - Demos" - it'll be to do with contracts and stuff but STILL.

4 Track Demos! It’s the Rid Of Me demos with a few extra tracks that didn’t make the cut.

My Rid Of Me vinyl is HERE, and they seemed to have turned the master volume up a little bit which is APPRECIATED. It’s still a very quiet intro to Rid Of Me (the song) though.

My signed print is STUN and went straight on my wall :disco:

4 Track Demos! It’s the Rid Of Me demos with a few extra tracks that didn’t make the cut.

NO! It only has 8 of the songs from "Rid Of Me"! I want the other 6.

Of course, it may be that no such thing exists but hey...

Polly probably CBA any more :D

The completist in me did want the Dance Hall At Louse Point vinyl, but I tried listening to the album the other day and aside from about 2 songs I genuinely HATE IT! :D
Maybe if it goes on sale in future...I can’t imagine the demand will be high, even from PJ loons.
I don't think I've listened to it all the way through in years but 'Taut' remains a classic.

A Man Woman Walked By (or whatever) on the other hand, I don't think I've ever played it in its entirety..

So has this all stopped now with To Bring you my Love and the demos? I was hoping there would be more....

i still haven't ordered tbyml :evil:

i had a crazy pj retrospective a couple of months ago. she is so so good. the biggest revelation for me was the community of hope, i'd neglected the hope 6 demolition project and there's some good stuff on there.

i need to compile a top 10.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLLY!

She DID originally promise the WHOLE LOT of vinyl resissues, so where the rest are is somewhat confusing. Maybe the demand for DANCEHALL AT LOUSE POINT was less than anticipated :D

Perhaps they are also going in defined sets of three? Desire/City/Uh Huh would sort of make sense as a trio I guess..?

Is This Desire? and the demos for it are out on vinyl on January 29th. She also did make a video for the exquisite Angelene back in the day too. Strange she didn’t go ahead with the single.

She's fair getting on with it now - I'll be having both Demos CDs again as that suits me just fine. Bless her for not making them doubles with the original albums we've all already got (although the whisper is that this is all down to contracts, royalties, ownership etc ie the usual music biz shit).

Uh Huh Her demos coming April 30th. Possibly my favourite Polly album. Shame sounds exactly the same though :D Which is no surprise since the album was basically DEMOS ANYWAY.

Sorry for randomly bumping the thread and for Dark Carnival's benefit:
99-F50874-2134-4469-87-A3-8025-A3-CFC1-BC.jpg

Did you see her walking?
Did she come around here, sir?
Black hair, brown eyes
My beautiful Leah
She was always so needy
Said, "I have no one"
Even as I held her
She went out looking for someone
Looking for someone

She only had nightmares