Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ABDICATES

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
BBC News - Queen of Denmark announces abdication live on TV

1000009051.jpg

The new Queen is Australian which is FUN. She looks like an ageing schlager diva.

Who's genes do we need to inject into the Windsor line to improve the looks? William and Harry both ultimately underperformed. Diana just wasn't hot enough. Hopefully Kate has improved the gene pool.

Who's genes do we need to inject into the Windsor line to improve the looks? William and Harry both ultimately underperformed. Diana just wasn't hot enough. Hopefully Kate has improved the gene pool.

I spent at least five seconds thinking about whether this was true with Kate before realising I shouldn’t even be thinking about it for a CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF YEARS.

:ToneNervous:

I spent at least five seconds thinking about whether this was true with Kate before realising I shouldn’t even be thinking about it for a CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF YEARS.
I realised it was dodgy ground, but eventually it's something we're going to have to consider.

I wonder why she’s doing it so suddenly. Perhaps there is something very wrong with her health.

It means we’ll have no Queens regnant anywhere in the world for a good few years. :(

There’s always been at least one since Victoria came to the throne.

It means we’ll have no Queens regnant anywhere in the world for a good few years. :(

There’s always been at least one since Victoria came to the throne.

Who are the likely next contenders?

Who are the likely next contenders?
Sweden should be next. The heirs in Netherlands, Belgium and Spain are also girls. The eldest children of the Swedish Crown Princess and the Norwegian Crown Prince are both girls too.

Last edited:
Denmark has elections next year. Perhaps she fears the indignity of her final royal act being accidentally getting killed by a hapless incoming Prime Minister.

This is taking place today with the abdication proper due at about 1PM (GMT), and the balcony at about 2PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom