Russia DISQUALIFIED from Eurovision

Should Russia be BOOOOOOOOOOOed?

• Total voters
Now THIS is a sanction that could actually have a chance of working

Praying for peace and healing. They hope they can start again.

1645632932782.png

What lunatic would accept Russia’s nomination knowing the RECEPTION they’re going to get?!?

What lunatic would accept Russia’s nomination knowing the RECEPTION they’re going to get?!?
This is why I just CAN’T when people turn round and say “but it’s not the Russian singers fault!!1”. Granted, Polina Gagarina might not be CHARGING ON A TANK INTO KYIV herself, but she (or whoever it is) will still be representing Russia on an international stage and any artist should quite frankly EXPECT to be booed at this point.

I loved it back in 2014 and 2015 (even if it’s unfair to the poor artists). Nowadays they shouldn’t even be allowed to compete.

Should Israel be booed at this year's contest (and for the last 55 years)? DISCUSS!

Should Israel be booed at this year's contest (and for the last 55 years)? DISCUSS!
Oh yes, Israel, the only country in Europe that’s done anything wrong in the last 55 years

Reactions: GNL
Well I wasn’t quite expecting the thread to take that turn JUST yet :eyes:

Oh yes, Israel, the only country in Europe that’s done anything wrong in the last 55 years
Israel is in Asia, not in Europe, for starters.

Not sure where your BAROMETER for "doing something wrong" lies, but this thread seems to be about booing Russia for illegally occupying a territory and FLAGRANTLY IGNORING INTERNATIONAL LAW, which is exactly what Israel has been doing for the last 55 years.

Israel is in Asia, not in Europe, for starters.
thanks for the geography lesson since that’s what I meant clearly

Not sure where your BAROMETER for "doing something wrong" lies, but this thread seems to be about booing Russia for illegally occupying a territory and FLAGRANTLY IGNORING INTERNATIONAL LAW, which is exactly what Israel has been doing for the last 55 years.

My barometer for doing something wrong includes Israel, Russia, the US, the UK, and many other countries actually. I just wonder why you feel the need to bring this one up so much

Yes. Why should it be any different to other years!

thanks for the geography lesson since that’s what I meant clearly

My barometer for doing something wrong includes Israel, Russia, the US, the UK, and many other countries actually. I just wonder why you feel the need to bring this one up so much
I brought it up because it is EXACTLY the same situation people are decrying Russia for right now yet no one bats an eyelid when Israel does it on a daily basis. I constantly call up the US and the UK and many other shitty governments and their policies here in Moopy and beyond, but it's QUITE TELLING that you only seem to notice when I bring up Israel.

Reactions: Hak
If anyone can PLEASE point me in the direction of ANY TERRITORY the UK is currently ILLEGALLY OCCUPYING BY FORCE, I'd be QUITE HAPPY to BOO them LOUD AND CLEAR too.

I brought it up because it is EXACTLY the same situation people are decrying Russia for right now yet no one bats an eyelid when Israel does it on a daily basis. I constantly call up the US and the UK and many other shitty governments and their policies here in Moopy and beyond, but it's QUITE TELLING that you only seem to notice when I bring up Israel.
Quite telling of what?

I was surprised Israel wasn’t BOOED HEAVILY last year tbh considering it was in the midst of the governments latest headline news worthy tirade against the Palestinians. I didn’t think they should’ve been allowed to host in 2019 either. (But neither should have Azerbaijan in 2012 but I guess everyone forgets about poor old Ilham Aliyev :()

EDIT: Oh I forgot Serbia 2008 as well.

And I think there’s a difference when you bring in the context to Eurovision. You only have to listen to most of Russia’s songs and read the lyrics from the last DECADE or so to show how much they’re taking the piss. It’s ANOTHER LEVEL when you’re singing about peace whilst simultaneously invading another participating country MID-SHOW.

Well if we’re having that discussion then I’d say Israel and Ukraine should get booed for supporting Azerbaijan in the war against Armenia last year. :)

(and yes I’m aware of it being the other way round too)

Also I’ll be booing the U.K. if we send another shit song.

Ireland should be booed for Eurovision WAR CRIMES, both in the last 20 years and in previous successes

Bulgaria should be booed for being smug ENTITLED CUNTS

Sweden should be booed every time they send another BORING BOY

United Kingdom should be booed for their frankly appalling attitude to the contest

Andorra should be booed until they decide to come back again

Just boo everyone

Am not in favour of the booing tradition in general and it's really pointless towards authoritarian establishments, it's hardly news for them that people hate them.

@Diddy the peacekeeping trooper

Well it’s just the Eurovision version of performative activism. They can feel their “did their bit” by yelling at some poor cow, which will have zero effect on anything or anyone apart from said poor cow. You might as well just sign a Change.org petition to tell Putin to stop.

The EBU should sanction Russia.
Then we wouldn’t have to have these sour notes. Although the ‘fans’ would find another one I’m sure.

Sanction and remove them.

As much as all of the other situations mentioned in this thread are also bad state behaviour, there's a bit of an objective difference between them and the naked aggression Russia is showing in Ukraine and if the EBU can make one small consequence of Russia's actions denying access to Eurovision's soft power then make it.

in lieu of that, booing will be ineffective but I'll still welcome it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom