Skin Care

I haven't traditionally done much at all, but I'm trying to get more into taking care of my skin. I do drink a lot of water, which helps I think. I'm now using a face wash, a moisturizer, and a sun screen. I want to add some sort of eye cream. The face wash smells bad so I might replace it

I was CONNED into buying some collagen cream thing, which I use once a week

Cleanse daily and over winter moisturise too. I'll do a face mask at the weekends, if I need to detox my skin or just brighten myself up.

Nothing except surgery beats droopy under eyes or wrinkles, anything that claims otherwise is a con. Moisturiser just stops my skin drying up. My nose has been quite dry recently and a bit pink, not sure what that's about. Probably alcoholism.

Of course Merry England doesn't need sun tan lotion for about 3/4 of the year, but when it does, I apply obsessively.

I do it twice a day, cleanser, serum, eye cream, moisturiser, and use facial masks a few times a week. You don’t have to use mega expensive products but it’s all about ingredients. Things like retinol, glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid etc are very effective.

My skin has improved tons since I stopped using the cheap stuff. But it’s also about diet, sleep, exercise, health and hydration. They are just as important as what you put on your skin.

Exfoliate and moisturise. Drink around 500ml to 2 litres of water per day. Also never sleep.

And yes to sun screen in the Summer-ish times. Sunglasses and a cap will stop needless involuntary frowning and furrowing.

I decided that using what is probably hand cream for my face might not be good (although I can’t see what the problem was) so I asked my hot clear skinned gentleman caller what he used and I use that.

It’s by Botchan, there’s a toner, a moisturiser and a scrub. I use the first two most days when I remember, and the scrub once or twice a week when I can be bothered. I tried a mask but I don’t like them, and I use those sticky nose strips but I’m not convinced it’s not a scam

But people say how young I look so 💅
Tbh most of it is probably down to avoiding strong sunlight

Well I can’t avoid sunlight because my ancestors were COLONIZERS and I live in a place that isn’t ideal for white people’s skin

And I only go cheap: Johnson's blackhead daily exfoliator (I do feel bad about this because of the plastic, but it has good friction with my skin), and Nivea body lotion for dry skin (yes on the face - same goes for the cream :basil:) I've used La Mer before and would recommend the serum (omg) and the refining facial scrub at a push, but the day cream was nothing.

I mean it’s all skin isn’t it?

Exactly. I always remember Offred in The Handmaid's Tale hiding capsules of butter to use as moisturiser at night time as others would smell it in the day time (and also saying you age at the elbows). Use what you can.

For a good few years I've tried using nothing but water to wash my face. I'm not sure if it's necessarily any better than when I used products, but I definitely don't think it's any worse. I don't particularly want to look OLD, but have no real desire to create the illusion of youth either.

I probably moisturise about once a week. Things like face masks depend on whether I've got them for birthdays or Christmas. I haven't bought any for a couple of years.

I don't even use serums any more. I had a real period of them a few years back, but I don't think they made any difference.

Last edited:
Well this is it darl. SOMEONE I KNOW NAMING NO NAMES has religiously slathered themselves with MOISTURIZER TEN TIMES A DAY for 20+ YEARS and these days they look PRESERVED. Think I'd rather be CRINKLY tbh.

Same energy

lindsay lohan television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Mr L looks great for his age, and although he does religiously moisturise every evening, he's only ever used those huge tubs of aqueous cream you can get for about three quid in Superdrug, and they last him over six months. He buys face wash, but only whichever one is on special offer in the supermarket at the time.

I know quite a lot of gay men in their 60s who have been using Clarins or Clinique since the 80s, and I don't think they look any younger. They just look eerily shiny.

I think a of it is due to genes. Some people just age quicker than others. I’ve always been told I look a bit younger than I actually am, but it’s only in the last few years that I actually appreciate that. Also I have become much more confident in myself and I think that also helps.

Never used anything other than water. Eat healthy, don't smoke and do shit and your skin will look great, avoiding those insufferable routines. Welcome.

Morning routine of the ordinary caffeine, niacinamide, buffet and moisturiser.

Fortnightly acid peel and derma rolling when I remember

Never used anything other than water. Eat healthy, don't smoke and do shit and your skin will look great, avoiding those insufferable routines. Welcome.
I wouldn’t say they’re insufferable :D It takes like 5 minutes and is kind of nice

I know a lot of it is generic and just generally being healthy but it can’t hurt to clean and moisturize

I wouldn’t say they’re insufferable :D It takes like 5 minutes and is kind of nice
A routine of 5 minutes every day is tedious. But good for you. And I understand some skins need it, but I see what some people do and I just can't believe it. And it doesn't help much.

Morning:
Cerave Acne Control Cleanser
Good Molceules Niacinamide Serum
Burt's Bees Eye Gel
Bulldog Moisturizer
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel with SPF though the Target knock off works as well.

At nighttime is quite similar but instead of Niacinamide I use Cerave Retinol and skip the sunscreen although I'm sure it's bad for you, I bet.
I obviously need help :D

Cerave and Neutrogena are very good. I've been using Neutrogena's 2-in-1 daily wash for 10+ years. had a mild panic when they took it off the shelves here so now I bulk buy in Germany :germany:

suomi’s skin care routine:

wake up at 4am. this gives me several hours to spend astro-gliding in a sensory-deprivation tank

6am: i run outside and start screaming

6:10am: sword-fighting lessons with a martial arts expert

7:10am: moisturise

I don't do much, just moisturise my face and head after a shower with E45 cream - seems to do the trick, though I know not everyone has the same kind of skin so will have to do different things.

I am currently trying a keto diet (you can read more about my diet here https://betterme.world/articles/keto-diet/ ) to improve my skin condition. One of the main benefits of the keto diet is that it can reduce inflammation in the body, which may help with certain skin conditions that are related to inflammation, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. In addition, the keto diet is often high in healthy fats, which can help improve skin health and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: COB
Could you tell me more about this diet?
sure! However, it's important to note that the keto diet is not a cure-all for skin problems, and it may not work for everyone. It's also important to make sure you're getting all of the nutrients your body needs while on the keto diet, as some people may experience nutrient deficiencies if they're not careful. If you're considering the keto diet to help with a skin problem, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian to make sure it's a safe and appropriate choice for you. They can also help you create a well-rounded meal plan that meets your nutritional needs and supports your skin health.

sure! However, it's important to note that the keto diet is not a cure-all for skin problems, and it may not work for everyone. It's also important to make sure you're getting all of the nutrients your body needs while on the keto diet, as some people may experience nutrient deficiencies if they're not careful. If you're considering the keto diet to help with a skin problem, it's a good idea to talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian to make sure it's a safe and appropriate choice for you. They can also help you create a well-rounded meal plan that meets your nutritional needs and supports your skin health.
I heard that Vitamin D is good for the skin. Is this true?

Can you offer any opinion on the recent (and I believe vicious) rumours that pentapeptides are no longer the hottest anti-aging skincare ingredient?

I do whatever Nadine B@ggot tells me to do.

I think water does so much work that it even works despite eating junk and smoking. At least it used to for about 40 years.

I cleanse my face gently twice a day, use a suitable moisturizer, and always wear sunscreen to protect my skin from harmful UV rays.

I cleanse my face gently twice a day, use a suitable moisturizer, and always wear sunscreen to protect my skin from harmful UV rays.

Does that usually fix(ie) the issue for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom