Sweden 2022: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer

The right song at the right time?

• Total voters
Couldn’t they go with another pretty generic white boy? At least there would be something to look at.

I think what bodes well about Corny’s chances is the 70 on the televote. Comfortable second above the likes of Medina, having been announced as winning the jury mid way through too. Speaks to a popular appeal. Bagge was clearly going to win the televote but he didn’t absolutely murder her.

Not that I don’t like this but it does sound like a Cardigans album track with the pathos SURGICALLY REMOVED.

And us Little Cardigansters know the pathos is the best bit :(

The lyrics are "this is shit, but it will probably be OK, you can go, but you should also stay, but you know, only if you want."

The performance is dumped on a night out devastation.

It's DRIPPING IN PATHOS.

Wasn't keen on first listen but it slowly grew on me. I would have preferred Medina, Klara or Anna to win but this will do. An easy top 5 finish in the final but I don't really see it as a winner.

Love the song, but not entirely pleased by her voice.

I only heard it yesterday and was disappointed because everyone made it sound like it was going to be so much better, but if everyone is raving about it then it will hopefully do well.

How Cornelia enters a contest.
8WsIyBnjvJbTofqjS0hCHrWC9qJ.jpg

I thought this was pretty STUNNIN last night!

Better than the Melfest final, and on a par with the first heat

Apart from the 8 seconds when we were looking at the back of her head

Watching it back today the vocal performance is better and the camerawork not quite as catastrophic as I thought. I do think the MF final was stronger but still excellent:

She doesn't look as much like Emma Willis with her hair now.

Have now decided that this is my favourite, it was always good, but after listening to it a few times now I am properly obsessed. This and Brividi.. and Spain obviously.

• Love
Reactions: dUb
It's the best song of 2022 - even outside of the ESC context - so far.

But I feel less stressed going in with the assumption it's a 3rd or 4th placed at best tonight. :)

• Love
Reactions: dUb
She added a massive high note into the performance for the Juries last night, apparently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom