Sweden 2022: Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer

The right song at the right time?

• Total voters
I saw her in a tiny venue in East London in September last year and it was an absolute blast. She's had a hardcore contingent of loons who had apparently been following her all around Europe on the tour and were down the front - her interaction with them was so fun. London was the last night, or close to it at least. Her between song chat was really fun and then the voice is truly fantastic. She does give off the same clumsy vibe you get from the Hold Me Closer performances - I think that is just her. She did a much longer version of that song which really took it to another level.

The lack of a Love Generation section was a shame of course :D

I am obsessed with the MySpace blog energy of her Spotify About page.

Screenshot_20230517-160612.png

Dear me :D

As much as Loreen is everything I would still take Hold Me Closer over her two winners. It just pushes my buttons.

Rise was very good but I wasn't so impressed with her last original track... 'make up your bloody mind' is not an ideal pay off to an emotional ballad. Hopefully she'll get some more material out there soon.

Reactions: GNL
It's giving

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

"Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way you planned and you have to pull the handbrake. I've been driving nonstop for as long as I can remember, but squared up for the last two years. Always with my heart in my hand and with the ambition to give everything and a more or less conscious illusion that I can work every waking second because I love my job. Creating, releasing music, touring and juggling private life is challenging. And sometimes the fuel runs out. Therefore, I will have to move my planned fall tour to this spring and make sure to charge the batteries and put this engine in for service. And not least create space for the breathing space and presence of mind required for desire and creativity to live and thrive.

I am terribly sorry that this may mean logistical trouble for those of you who have already bought a ticket and planned around this, and I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to come this spring instead so that we can create new memories together. You are priceless.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom