Switzerland 2024: Nemo - The Code

Rumours are saying that it’s her (and I post this mostly as rumours have a very high hit rate this year):

Thrilled that after Dana National from Ireland in 1970 and Dana International from Israel in 1998, we're about to get DANA CONFEDERATIONAL from Switzerland in 2024 :disco:

Swiss media going with a different name today - Nemo, a non-binary rapper who has racked up some domestic success in the local Swiss German dialect

)

Apart from Swiss-German potentially being the ugliest language on the planet, I wouldn't be against something like that.

The article that broke the story claimed that the ESC song was in English. I don’t think they’ve ever sent non-standard German to ESC, there was this in their NF though:

They should go back to the Romansh well at some point!

Seems very likely to be "The Code", co-written by someone who had a hand in "Queen Of The Kings"

• Love
Reactions: VoR
I think I liked that!

At the start I thought that its attempts to be EPIC straight out the gate were slightly unearned (shades of Georgia last year in that sense) but it grew on me by the end.

God, the twinks are piling up though...

I like it but it is quite messy - not sure how it'll come across live.

I liked it when it got going but the first minute is all over the place.

Apart from anything else, it feels quite refreshing to have something non-bland from the Swiss!

Love this, there's obviously a lot of potential for staging! Hope they can nail all the parts live.

It feels a bit "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks"

Im not sure its the contender others are saying it is

Yeah it’s several bits of songs CUT and SHUT together, but not in a fabulous way like CYPRUS.

Big "nailed the rap part" energy from this stage school QUEEN.

This has crept up to FOURTH favourite! :shock:

Oh I love this. Yes it's messy but the chaotic energy of it all feels different to the rest.

Is there any evidence he can pull off that terrible shrieking at the end LIVE? Feels like it could be quite a point-stealing moment if so

Oh I love this. Yes it's messy but the chaotic energy of it all feels different to the rest.

Is there any evidence he can pull off that terrible shrieking at the end LIVE? Feels like it could be quite a point-stealing moment if so
I think they can sing:

Also self aware:

Last edited:
This song, which I’ve decided is quite wicked, is now up to THIRD on the scoreboard app.

And now THIRD with the bookies! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom