Switzerland 2024: Nemo - The Code

It's a pretty decent song all in all once you've got more used to it, but god - it really could have done with taking the Coco Chanel advice of taking one item/song element OFF before leaving the house.

Surely he isn’t going to wear THAT

FSP2zzUXIAQ7PS_.jpg

I am sure there will be a gorgey makeover for Malmo

C3735C40-061F-4C0D-A09E-423F7C6F1E5C.jpeg

First live performance is out and the odds are shortening a lot:

Great great vocalist but the song really tries to do one too many things. I'll enjoy it on the night and live for the sheer spectacle but I have not found myself seeking out the song at all.

I agree with @Apoca, they're an amazing performer live but the song feels like a lot to convey in three minutes.

How do you break a code anyway? I’ve heard of breaking a mould, but I guess a song called “The Mould” might not have the same appeal.

I like it but I struggle to see how they’ll get more than about 100 points in the televote.

I like it but I struggle to see how they’ll get more than about 100 points in the televote.

And I also don't quite buy it as a jury frontrunner? I guess people think they'll go for the vocal but it's quite a racket of a song underneath - this is hardly pristinely executed "jury-bait" like "Tout l'universe" that is going to get all five jurors on board.

There's been too much negativity in the past few posts. This is my favourite of the year and I'd love if the bookies are right as my favourite hasn't won since Lena.

Maybe 3rd would be the best outcome all round though - would make some money with the each way bet I placed at the start, would avoid three years in a row of my favourite coming 2nd, and wouldn't need to bankrupt myself next May.

Nemo leaning into their slightly insufferable Gen Z influencer vibe by vlogging their attempt to hitchhike from Zurich to Malmö

I haven’t watched all of it, but given they’re due onstage for rehearsals in two hours I’m guessing they made it. :D

I really hope this wins now :D

I appreciate it as a SONG as well as a vocal rollercoaster. I do think it may cause mass recoiling in horror from many however.

But really is it any more chaotic and kitchen-sink than Netta's Toy?

I really hope this wins now :D

I appreciate it as a SONG as well as a vocal rollercoaster. I do think it may cause mass recoiling in horror from many however.

But really is it any more chaotic and kitchen-sink than Netta's Toy?
It not being as SHIT as Toy is NOT really a quality!

It not being as SHIT as Toy is NOT really a quality!

My point being if that can win (the public vote too!) then maybe this has a chance.

Also even if I didn't mind it, there's no way you could describe Netta's vocals as anything other than QUITE HELLISH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom