Tennis 2023

Not because he's got a kid. Those were kinda separate thoughts in my head :D

BTW is anyone else frustrated by the Sky Sports move. I just wanna watch the tennis at a reasonable price. :(

John Isner and Jack Sock both retiring at the US Open.

god is real GIF

BTW is anyone else frustrated by the Sky Sports move. I just wanna watch the tennis at a reasonable price. :(
Yes! I can't see any other way to watch apart from paying around £30 for the month then cancelling. Unsure whether to bother.... at least with the French and Aus you could get a 7 day free trial with discovery plus.

They've just forced me onto illegal streaming tbh. So fuck them
Yes! I can't see any other way to watch apart from paying around £30 for the month then cancelling. Unsure whether to bother.... at least with the French and Aus you could get a 7 day free trial with discovery plus.

Have been using this and it's been excellent: Completely illegal of course.

British players winning 18 out of 18 sets in Round 1 is something I did not expect to see... :o Round 2 a much harder test for all of them, but they should all take a lot of confidence from those first two days.

British players winning 18 out of 18 sets in Round 1 is something I did not expect to see... :o Round 2 a much harder test for all of them, but they should all take a lot of confidence from those first two days.
Great results. Tougher matches for the British ladies in round 2 for sure.

Be interesting to see if Murray can come through against Dimitrov. First straight sets win at a slam for as long as I can remember, so at least he should be going into the match reasonably fresh. Both him and Draper could struggle with their injuries though.

Great results. Tougher matches for the British ladies in round 2 for sure.

Be interesting to see if Murray can come through against Dimitrov. First straight sets win at a slam for as long as I can remember, so at least he should be going into the match reasonably fresh. Both him and Draper could struggle with their injuries though.
Andy won in straight sets against Ryan Peniston at Wimbledon this year.

It depends how quickly Dmitrov recovers from his 5 set match against Molcan.

Andy won in straight sets against Ryan Peniston at Wimbledon this year.

It depends how quickly Dmitrov recovers from his 5 set match against Molcan.
So he did... it just feels like all his matches are 5 setters! I reckon most of them have been in recent times.

Katie has definitely dodged a bullet with Garcia losing in the first round.

I disagree there, Garcia has been slumping for weeks now (literally the seed you wanted to draw and I'm sure Boulter would have beaten her). Wang comes in with confidence and is on a pretty good streak, trickier opponent.

Draper has shown great promise in the past couple of years. That is a great win over Hurcaz. The injuries are a concern though.

Boulter should move top 50 after this win and has a favourable draw. Would be near top 40 if she wins the next round, which is pretty remarkable given where she was at the start of the year.

Draper has shown great promise in the past couple of years. That is a great win over Hurcaz. The injuries are a concern though.

Boulter should move top 50 after this win and has a favourable draw. Would be near top 40 if she wins the next round, which is pretty remarkable given where she was at the start of the year.
Hubert has this bug that’s been affecting the players and it was clear to see though I guess Draper deserves a little good fortune for once and did play well.

Andy looking very underpowered and a bit slow (for his standards) against Grigor here.

Hubert has this bug that’s been affecting the players and it was clear to see though I guess Draper deserves a little good fortune for once and did play well.

Andy looking very underpowered and a bit slow (for his standards) against Grigor here.

I didn't see the Draper match, so drew my conclusion from the score line. Fair enough. As you say Draper deserves some good fortune this year though. The Murray match is painful to follow :-(

So Draper is the last Brit standing. Good to see the injuries haven't caused issues. Rublev awaits for a place in the quarters.

A 100% fit and healthy Jack Draper is going to be a FORCE.
His lack of matches this year ultimately let him down. Fingers crossed for a full season next year to realise his potential. Elsewhere in the draw Zverev's disposal of Dimitrov and Sinner is most upsetting. Hoping Alcaraz can thrash him in the next round 🙏

Zverev really must be a psychopath for another abuse report to not have affected his play. Proof of his guilt. :angel:

He's displayed so much sociopathic behaviour in the last few years (up close and from afar) and I usually don't use these terms lightly.

Very happy with a Gauff/Sabalenka final... it feels like it's finally Coco's time and I am here for that tbh. The score line for Sabalenka's win was insane. Bagelled in the first by Keys and winning in 2 tie breaks. Quite the comeback.

Novak has been dominating Ben all match but hes made so many silly errors in the final points of the third set, and now Shelton has forced a tiebreaker.

Novak has been dominating Ben all match but hes made so many silly errors in the final points of the third set, and now Shelton has forced a tiebreaker.
I only saw the third set which looked quitr tight. Those errors form Djokovic were wild though. Shame we won't get an Alcaraz/Djokovic rematch, but I had a suspicion Medvedev was going to win. He has been playing so well this tournament.

Come on Daniil, let's have a 2021 repeat!

Have plans tonight so will be sadly missing the women's final but rooting for Coco so much.

Personally I actually want Aryna to win, not because I prefer her but I don’t like the way grand slam titles have been so generously shared on the women’s side the last few seasons.

Still Coco has been a consistent player and is a well known name so she’d be an acceptable winner too and it would be genuinely good for the profile of the women’s game.

Personally I actually want Aryna to win, not because I prefer her but I don’t like the way grand slam titles have been so generously shared on the women’s side the last few seasons.

Still Coco has been a consistent player and is a well known name so she’d be an acceptable winner too and it would be genuinely good for the profile of the women’s game.
I like Sabalenka too so wouldn't be mad with her winning either. Coco is a worthy winner though, both have been a consistent presence at the top of the game and will likely contest many more slam finals, so both are good for the profile of the women's game. Coco is probably more well known with the general public at the moment.

Happy with Coco winning but that match was... well, I've seen better finals, let's just say that.

As soon as it says "blood/bio passport irregularities", that's exactly what's coming though. :eyes:

I thought she’d be banned but not for as long (admittedly I haven’t researched the punishment lengths for various scenarios). I’d assume she’ll retire if she has no way out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom