The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You have to clean your air conditioner every 15 days?!

He meant the filters that you can clean on your own, not the proper maintenance (he said that can happen annually or longer depending on the use).
He also checked the filter of my 1 year old dehumidifier and told me that it's disgusting :D and went on and cleaned it himself.
Anyways to get back on topic, just checked the system to see if they'll let me do my booster shot but it says they have me scheduled for late January.
What if they run out by then? :cautious:

He meant the filters that you can clean on your own, not the proper maintenance (he said that can happen annually or longer depending on the use).
He also checked the filter of my 1 year old dehumidifier and told me that it's disgusting :D and went on and cleaned it himself.
Anyways to get back on topic, just checked the system to see if they'll let me do my booster shot but it says they have me scheduled for late January.
What if they run out by then? :cautious:

I have to clean the filters every 15 days?

SHAN’T

Booster booked for this afternoon! That was quick. It has only just been 3 months since the second dose. It may be done by location because I know people who don't live in London who are older, had their 1st/2nd doses way before me and haven't been invited yet. Some have to travel 15 miles form home for a centre, which is weird.

I've been booking boosters for clients this week. Surprised that I've managed to get everyone in before Christmas, unless they have been specific about where they want it done, but even then I think Dec 29th was the latest.

Managed to get one booked because of work next Friday, though the closest centre is five miles away!

No availability at any centre near me until 6th January (and that's just before my birthday, so fuck that).

Although i can get one on monday if i drive 15 miles...

Today I got a text from NHS to say I could book my booster even though I can't get it for 3 months because I've had covid, and on the same day a letter to say I can get my flu jab even though I've had it booked for a month and I'm getting it tomorrow :)

THANKS ANYWAY!

Today I got a text from NHS to say I could book my booster even though I can't get it for 3 months because I've had covid, and on the same day a letter to say I can get my flu jab even though I've had it booked for a month and I'm getting it tomorrow :)

THANKS ANYWAY!
Wait hang on, what?? You can’t have a booster jab within 3 months of having Covid? Literally the first I’ve heard that…

Wait hang on, what?? You can’t have a booster jab within 3 months of having Covid? Literally the first I’ve heard that…

Because the UK does a PISS POOR job of communicating it. Most European countries actively promote it and in some countries it's banned.

I'm sure if I tried to book it would let me. There's a question I think on the website that asks you and if you say yes it'll say you can't book now.

Basically they don't recommend it. Excess antibodies is actually bad for you.

Because the UK does a PISS POOR job of communicating it. Most European countries actively promote it and in some countries it's banned.

I'm sure if I tried to book it would let me. There's a question I think on the website that asks you and if you say yes it'll say you can't book now.

Basically they don't recommend it. Excess antibodies is actually bad for you.
Great. Well nobody asked me the question or told me that when they were literally putting it into my arm today. But I suppose I can’t brag about their “no questions asked” attitude one minute and then complain the next…

Great. Well nobody asked me the question or told me that when they were literally putting it into my arm today. But I suppose I can’t brag about their “no questions asked” attitude one minute and then complain the next…

it's been a while since you had it, hasn't it?

I had my second jab back in May though and it was the AstraZeneca piece of shit so I’m OWED some antibodies I think.

You'll be fine. It'll be one of those rare dangers that would only become a problem if everyone did it.

THANKS ANYWAY!

I meant to ask you about this actually, I looked it up and could only see the 28 day wait. There are some countries advising a 3 month wait for kids aged 12-18 due to a small heart risk. I'm booked for today which is about 2 month since I had it. I figure with my work on balance the risk of getting covid is greater than any side effect.

Last edited:
I thought I read the "no vaccine after three months" thing had been reduced to 30 days, but it's not well publicised at all.

I've not been invited. But I've asked twice at my local pharmacy which is where the NHS website directs me. First time they were awaiting a supply, second I was told they are only doing over 60s at present.

No idea. 😬 I was assuming there might be some places that are appointment only/with more limited remits than others. I thought you’d have been eligible a while ago.
I was eligible for (and had) the covid booster in October. This is for the standard flu jab which seems to be harder to get around these parts, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom