The Mind Mangler
Berlusconi The Musical
Ain’t Too Proud
Mrs Doubtfire
Groundhog Day
Grease
The Wizard of Oz
Crazy For You

Still waiting on some announcements for replacements in the West End for various theatres as a lot of long running shows are closing.

I’d also like to actually travel outside of London for a show sometime this year as there have been some amazing regional productions recently that I missed but never made it here.

I’ve got nothing booked And I’m very happy about that.

i barely liked anything I saw in 2022 and the prospects for 2023 so far don’t look good. Seeing Evil Lea in Funny Girl is the only thing vaguely tempting me.

Booked to go and see Heathers next week as a birthday treat!

Tempted to see 2:22 whilst Cheryl is in it (wouldn't say I'm a fan of her, more to see how bad the acting is) and the Bake Off musical (don't watch the show, but the X Factor musical a few years ago was surprisingly amazing)

Booked to go and see Heathers next week as a birthday treat!

Tempted to see 2:22 whilst Cheryl is in it (wouldn't say I'm a fan of her, more to see how bad the acting is) and the Bake Off musical (don't watch the show, but the X Factor musical a few years ago was surprisingly amazing)
I Can’t Sing! was properly brilliant, wasn’t it? It was just too expensive to stage and it was a bit niche to fill the Palladium night after night.

Next month I have a mystery show from Broadway Roulette, Titanique, and Chicago (with Jinkx Monsoon).

Also tempted by Funny Girl with Evil Lea, but I may get that from Broadway Roulette.

New year, new topic.
Back To The Future - Special Effects show
Sylvia - ?
The Mind Mangler - ?
Berlusconi The Musical - Why would you?
Ain’t Too Proud - DIRE
Mrs Doubtfire - DIRE
Groundhog Day - So mediocre
Grease - So TEPID
The Wizard of Oz - Are you joking
Crazy For You - Cole Porter's best (depending on which version they're doing)

• Love
Reactions: dUb
Back To The Future - Special Effects show
Sylvia - ?
The Mind Mangler - ?
Berlusconi The Musical - Why would you?
Ain’t Too Proud - DIRE
Mrs Doubtfire - DIRE
Groundhog Day - So mediocre
Grease - So TEPID
The Wizard of Oz - Are you joking
Crazy For You - Cole Porter's best (depending on which version they're doing)
You are HARD TO PLEASE.

Anyway, Berlusconi was a £7.50 ticket so I couldn’t resist out of curiosity.

Crazy For You has the fantastic Charlie Stemp in it and got amazing reviews at Chichester. Wizard of Oz is this new Nikolai Foster production and it looks interesting.

You are HARD TO PLEASE.

Anyway, Berlusconi was a £7.50 ticket so I couldn’t resist out of curiosity.

Crazy For You has the fantastic Charlie Stemp in it and got amazing reviews at Chichester. Wizard of Oz is this new Nikolai Foster production and it looks interesting.
:D

I love Charlie, so I could be tempted. I'll wait for your review!

Curious to hear what you think about the Wizard Of Oz, as I've never seen a take on it that doesn't peak in the middle of of first act.

We’re getting Hadestown in the summer so I’ll do that.

There’s Hamilton but I’d rather bash my head against a wall.

Last night I saw Hex at the National Theatre. Last minute offer and oddly we got the best seats in the house, which is rare.

The show itself has problems with the writing and MOST of the songs are quite forgettable, but it was very funny, BEAUTIFULLY staged and so well performed by all of the cast. I’m thankful for it letting me discover Lisa Lambe, who seems to be quite well known as a singer in Ireland way more than as an actress.

Seriously, what a voice :o

Am I being a rubbish theatre fan? I don’t know any of them.
I know of a few of them by name only, and the comments seem to suggest they're great choices. Lin-Manuel Miranda appears to be a big fan of the cast, that must carry some weight.

Meanwhile… dynamic pricing rears it’s ugly head again with a new run of A Streetcar Named Desire starring Paul Mescal, with ticket prices going up to £400 at the moment.

They really have to be having a laugh. Even when this happened with Cock last year, at the very least that wasn’t a play being staged for the umpteenth time that will most certainly come around again (and again and again) with various well known casts as it always does anyway.

Little deal I got emailed from Theatre Tokens:

We've partnered with The National Lottery to give players a free £25 Theatre Voucher to spend at any of our 300 participating theatres!

How To Claim:

1. You'll need a Lotto ticket, Scratchcard or Instant Win Game, so head to National-Lottery.co.uk or use one you already have from playing in 2023.
  2. Go to LoveYourLocalTheatre.com and we'll ask you to enter a reference number from your physical or online ticket and then we'll email you a free £25 Theatre Voucher. To make it fair, you can claim 1 voucher per Lotto ticket/Scratchcard and per email address.
  3. You'll have 3 weeks to spend your voucher at one of our 300 theatres. But you don't have to see a show in the next few weeks, you can buy tickets to future shows - even pantos! Remember to check how each theatre accepts Theatre Tokens i.e. by phone and in-person or by email or online, as that will be the same way they accept the redemption of these special £25 vouchers.

Wow. Ain’t Too Proud was FANTASTIC. The guy playing David Ruffin, Tosh Wanogho-Maud has a truly exceptional voice. Jaw on the floor amazing.

I saw Buddy DON’T JUDGE ME IT WAS A FREE TICKET at a theatre some years ago and everyone was singing along. I certainly wasn’t but I was stoned silly and unable to control hysterical laughter at the horror of being there in the first place

For myself I do dislike people singing along at CONCERTS because I’ve paid to hear the artist, not THEM. However I acknowledge that this might be slightly unreasonable :)

The main thing is A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE WANKERS really, isn't it? But I do think jukebox musicals have blurred the lines somewhat between what is acceptable and what isn't. And theatres using phrases like 'you'll be dancing in the aisles!' and squarely advertising at hen parties and the like doesn't help, either. And has audiences drinking in their seats always been a thing as well? I'm sure I don't remember it years ago.

Were they screaming for the CHERYL HITS?

I would have forgiven them THAT. But just general chit chat all the way through like they were at home and the cunt next to me was on her phone more often than NOT. I mean, they could have been BORED SHITLESS actually, and I wouldn’t have blamed them so there’s that :)

If I've paid all that money to see a musical then I don't want to hear some pissed twats singing above the main singer.

My sister saw The Bodyguard in Dartford or Bromley recently (no comment), and said that the audience drowning out Melody Thornton and then rioting would have been preferable to the sounds she was producing when "singing"

The new Other Queen Nic she apparently WAS NOT :D

• Haha
Reactions: Zu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom