What’s in your fridge?

I always had a drawer growing up just for potatoes and onions. Now I just keep them on top of the fridge since I don’t really have anywhere else for them

In the US, they do something to the eggs (pasteurize them?) that means they need to be kept in the fridge
I thought it was a common thing to keep them in the fridge. True that they're not regrigerated in the supermarket, but they're supposed to last longer in the fridge? I don't know, they even have their place in the door.

What? First time I see this, is that common in UK? I also keep onions and garlic outside, but I occasionally put the onions in the fridge, when it's too hot.
Probably not but they last longer so 🤷‍♀️ Same with eggs.

My parents kept ketchup in the cupboard and it would get disgusting brown gunk around the top. You don't get that in the fridge. SO THERE.

Did Europe get the green and purple ketchup or was that just fun for America?

1631132806689.jpeg

I've never seen ketchup that isn't red, wtf? Not that I ever buy ketchup, I make my own tomato sauce and it's good enough.

What? First time I see this, is that common in UK? I also keep onions and garlic outside, but I occasionally put the onions in the fridge, when it's too hot.
Definitely not. I've never put potatoes in the fridge and never would!

Spring onions I store in the fridge otherwise they get horribly LIMP v quickly.

Look if you're a restaurant or a family of six or are HOOVERING up a bottle of ketchup in 1-2 days then by all means, keep it at ROOM TEMP; otherwise refrigerate it please. *adjusts pearl necklace*

Last edited:
Also the lack of cold water in those fridges, my goodness. True that you probably don't have such a hot weather, but I keep at least 5 bottles of water in the fridge all year (it's tap water btw, here is quite good).

Also the lack of cold water in those fridges, my goodness. True that you probably don't have such a hot weather, but I keep at least 5 bottles of water in the fridge all year (it's tap water btw, here is quite good).
It's pretty HARD and can taste a bit iffy, but tap water is also potable in the UK.

Tap water all the way here, but I do keep it in the fridge here during the summer when it never seem to be cold enough straight from the tap.

I'm sure that tastes just as DISGUSTING as it looks. The only nation with a more DYSFUNCTIONAL and TASTELESS relationship with food than the British are, of course, the Americans.

I SAID IT.
true (I say while thinking about the disgusting junk I have in my own pantry)

It's pretty HARD and can taste a bit iffy, but tap water is also potable in the UK.
Yeah I know that, I was actually talking about keeping it in the fridge, I only drink cold water. Water is potable here everywhere, but in most coast places tastes really bad.

I drink the two water here and don’t have any problems with it, but I remember it tasting disgusting in Iowa, to the point I couldn’t even drink it. @POP! Do you drink the tap water?

I find water quite cold enough from the tap! If not I always have ice in the freezer.
I tend to be into my flavoured COLD drinks these days so I keep a bottle of water in the fridge so it's nice and cold and then I add a bit of this to it:

640x640.jpg

ARTIFICIAL FLAVOURS FRENZY

I have swapped my WEAK LEMON DRINK Robinsons squash for Twinings Cold Infuse because they seem healthier. Sadly I am still fat and tired.

Anyway THAT'S ANOTHER TOPIC

Condiments in fridge is such a weird one. Mustard, soy sauce, fish sauce etc. I keep outside the fridge. Everything that's more oil based or closer to a paste I put into the fridge after opening.

I don't have ketchup and jarred mayonnaise in the house because both are RANK. :zombie:

Eggs don't belong in the fridge: they don't work as well if you're doing a cake or other baking if they're not room temperature.

I don't put sauces in the fridge either, but that's personal preference. I don't want cold ketchup on my chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom