What’s in your fridge?

:D The amount of times I've spent upwards of THIRTY MINUTES making something new and exciting, only to have to slope back into the kitchen and scrape it into the bin :(
I don’t think I’ve ever ruined a meal so badly that it could only go in the bin. As long as you don’t mind if it looks a bit of a state, it should still be edible.

I don’t think I’ve ever ruined a meal so badly that it could only go in the bin. As long as you don’t mind if it looks a bit of a state, it should still be edible.
Same! If I spent time making it I’m damn well eating it. Unless it’s literally burnt to a crisp.

Not hard to make your own if you can’t. Just vinegar, eggs, a sterilised jar and whatever spices you fancy (optional).
I'll have to, I just did a search in some supermarkets websites and they don't sell them.

Same! If I spent time making it I’m damn well eating it. Unless it’s literally burnt to a crisp.
Even then you can probably scrape off the worst of it and charcoal stops you getting cancer anyway.

That's probably because you don't bake enough and try new recipes. I remember trying a Spanish Almond Pie for the first time, getting it all wrong and having to throw it away because it was disgusting.

Oh believe me, I regularly eat stuff that looks like actual diarrhea (madras lentils are a staple), so it definitely isn't the appearance

I'm not putting every second meal in the bin or anything but occasionally I'll try something outside of my limited existing repertoire and it just ends up beyond saving

I've refused to eat things I've made, but probably only because Mr L will eat anything. I don't think we've ever thrown food away. Even when bagged salad goes a bit slimy (probably because the clothes peg wasn't tight enough :eyes:), he'll still eat it. This house doesn't do food waste.

Oh believe me, I regularly eat stuff that looks like actual diarrhea (madras lentils are a staple), so it definitely isn't the appearance

I'm not putting every second meal in the bin or anything but occasionally I'll try something outside of my limited existing repertoire and it just ends up beyond saving :(
@Martha Skidd :horny:

I've refused to eat things I've made, but probably only because Mr L will eat anything. I don't think we've ever thrown food away. Even when bagged salad goes a bit slimy (probably because the clothes peg wasn't tight enough :eyes:), he'll still eat it. This house doesn't do food waste.

Poor Mr L eating slimy salad because he spent the last of the food money on a Tanzanian pressing of ABBA Gold :(

I rarely fuck up with cooking although - aside from the kidney bean horror which looked and tasted terrible - I did once make a Jamaican brown fish stew which was so ghastly on every imaginable level that it HAD to be binned. Possibly not assisted by my using that cheap fish which snacks on dirt or some such monstrosity

I rarely fuck up with cooking although - aside from the kidney bean horror which looked and tasted terrible - I did once make a Jamaican brown fish stew which was so ghastly on every imaginable level that it HAD to be binned. Possibly not assisted by my using that cheap fish which snacks on dirt or some such monstrosity
AKA RIVER COBBLER

You didn't get them from that fishmonger next door to the parlour where stupid people go to get those fish nibbling dead skin off their feet, did you?

That's probably because you don't bake enough and try new recipes. I remember trying a Spanish Almond Pie for the first time, getting it all wrong and having to throw it away because it was disgusting.
Yeah, I can see how baking would be different. I don’t bake much and that’s probably the closest that I’ve come to making something inedible.

I’m generally quite good at identifying where a part of the recipe has gone wrong and just ditching that so that I don’t ruin the whole meal. I once did a tuna recipe that was meant to have a breadcrumb crust, but the crust was clearly too wet and I knew that I’d have to overcook the tuna if I used it so I abandoned the crust and just had the tuna steak.

2291166.jpg

I would post the contents of my fridge, but I have just come home from a few days away so it’s poorly stocked

also I’d post my spice rack, but I have about three cupboards full

Turkey mince, 2 red peppers, 5 eggs, 1 carton of chocolate oat milk, 1 carton of almond milk, semi skimmed milk (I like milk ok), 2 packets of brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, pickled gherkins and BlackBerry gin. I also have a bowl of oats soaking in chocolate oat milk with half a banana and brazil nuts for my breakfast.

Some of them are QUITE OLD.
Is it even a spice shelf if some of them aren't very old?

I'm sure my chinese five spice is from over ten years ago. When i went to my auntie's house a few years ago i found some from the 70's.

Turkey mince, 2 red peppers, 5 eggs, 1 carton of chocolate oat milk, 1 carton of almond milk, semi skimmed milk (I like milk ok), 2 packets of brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, pickled gherkins and BlackBerry gin. I also have a bowl of oats soaking in chocolate oat milk with half a banana and brazil nuts for my breakfast.
Gin in the fridge? :o

I don’t think I’ve ever seen ANYONE put gin in the fridge!

Have none of you heard of ICE??

Nuts and seeds in the fridge is something else, why?

I just think Brazil nuts crunch better having been in the fridge. The seeds just because I like things stored together by type. I actually thought I was buying pistachios, but when I got home realized I'd lifted Brazils - I'm wanting to make protein balls, scrunching them together with coconut and putting them in the oven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom