Austria 2023: Teya & Salena - Who The Hell Is Edgar?

HOW WILL IT DO?

• Total voters
POE POE POE POE POE

8F3F3037-1DE6-4C45-AF11-062FA0E61599.gif

They’re now NINTH favourites to WIN! :disco:

• Love
Reactions: Hak
I think it possibly won't qualify.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT I WANT.
Another one that hinges on the staging... I agree I can see this being a surprise flop though.

Bizarrely I don't currently have many feelings one way or the other towards this?? Maybe I need to listen again.
I DO HOPE they go full drag king for the performance though. If done correctly it could be INCREDIBLE.

This is my favourite song this year (at the moment) and I also have a feeling this will be a disaster on stage and won't qualify. Sorry to infuriate some loons! xoxo

I’m anticipating a slight mess as well but at least it’s in SF2 where there’s some right drab crud on offer so hopefully it’ll sail through

I’m so hoping that Marg… oh no sorry Blanka’s vocal performance is even worse than that at the national final :disco:

JUSTICE FOR JANN!

Has it been noted how much BRUNETTE Austria looks like a young Lydia of :wow: fame?? Cos she REALLY does!

Also sorry blonde, but brunette really elbows you off the screen in regard to star quality!! I could even use the word MAGNETIC in regard to brunette only.

Last edited:
I just don't really care for the song. It feels all the most annoying parts of three or four novelty electro tracks all shoved together, with little attempt to link them together.

I'm glad they can sing though :)

I do not think this will have a problem qualifying from the pretty awful semi two. I feel like the weirdness factor alone will see it through.

It's Adrenalina without the star power of SENHIT and Give That Wolf, without the masks and lean bodies.

I wonder if its subject matter will really appeal to the juries, seeing as many of them will no doubt have songwriters in them.

My opinion is that it’s an absolute pop masterpiece, and I’m so happy it exists. It has something to say but offers you the choice of whether you want to engage in that message or just enjoy the song.

I recently learnt that it’s actually the second time Austria have sent a scathing song about record company/music business politics, the first one being this from 1977:

Music is love for you and me
Music is money for the record company
Musik liegt wieder in der Luft

Moneten bringt der Superseller
Mono oder Stereo, live oder im Studio
Also sprach Big Brother's Voice
"Superhits für Girls and Boys"
Yeah!

Boom Boom Boomerang, Snadderydang
Kangaroo, Boogaloo, Didgeridoo
Ding dong, sing the song, hear the guitar twang
Kojak, hijack, me and you

I just don't really care for the song. It feels all the most annoying parts of three or four novelty electro tracks all shoved together, with little attempt to link them together.

I'm glad they can sing though :)
I’m getting a strong stench of MALTA from the live performance, even if the vocals are fine. Also I don’t think it’ll mean very much to viewers with a limited grasp of English but I’m not WILLING IT TO FAIL (unlike Poland :disco:)

It's no SCHMETTERLINGE BUM BUM BUMERANG. If there's no crimped hair and bitterness I'm just NOT here for it

So do we agree this sliiiightly missed the mark last night?

I don't know what's going in this video or if I even like it but I do know I didn't like the attempt at cool and modern fashions on a song about a long-dead poet so who knows, leaning into the Renaissance look might have worked better? (Or as I said at one point last night the corporate suits from the official video would have stuck out also)

Enjoying the intro AUF DEUTSCH too :disco:

The styling is AWFUL!

I was hoping for a bit of a DRAG KING moment - and yes the corporate suits would have worked well also.

It's a fun time for the fans in the arena I guess, a nice warm up to get the show started. Can't imagine a lot of Europe watching at home will particularly CARE!

I voted 16-20. Unlike Joker Out, they weren't really oozing charisma last night on stage :(

I’m so pleased we’re getting it out of the way at the earliest opportunity. France performing SECOND would have been amusing but I suppose we can’t have everything :tongueout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom