Diddy's Asian Persuasion III - Sunday May 23 13.00 BST

10) Ayumi Hamasaki - Bluebird

90s/00s - Empress of OTT J-Pop, Ayumi makes a triumphant third appearance now with one of her later summer bops. She might not be popping out the hits now, but she was a BIG deal at the time. Her dancers always look like such homos too.

Reactions: COB
AH FUCK YES

My fave song of hers does constantly shuffle between this & Boys and Girls, but at the moment it is this so all good. :disco:

I think she took a break cause she's gone deaf in one ear? :( She said she still will keep going on making music though, QoL

PART 3 - THE DEVIL MAKES WORK FOR IDOL HANDS

11) AKB48 - Heavy rotation

A debut now, for one of the biggest groups in Japan - in commercial success and sheer numbers. 48 members, and they are gradually rotated for lead performers, and retired, and auditioned, it's a real machine. That makes it hard for me to get invested in them at all, but not for Japan - They've sold mind-boggling amounts of records - 60 million records, including a 40+ string of No.1 singles is still increasing... I don't get it myself, but this is a hot cut.

Reactions: COB
I might go as a Tarako thing for Halloween this year :disco: A good way to end up on the register, if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom