Greece 2023: Victor Vernicos - What They Say

This is why we need separate threads for all the good national selections :disco:

I'm eager to hear @Saltwater's tireless tirade on the continued wrongdoings of ERT while not distracting from the continued celebration of Victor's achievements post NF!

- Is it true that 'What They Say' was only their third option but they still stitched it up to screw Melissa over?
- Did ERT themselves stop Melissa from releasing Liar to be able to re-sell it to CyBC?
- Why did Cyprus pass her over if they really wanted the song?
- Is she not slutty enough?
- What became of the lawsuit?
- Does she still have a record deal?
- Has she released any form of music since?

In my imagination she's at home shedding tears, moaning on Instagram/OnlyFans after having to re-sell her thrifted left spleen to cover legal bills.

ERT is the devil, let's start from that.
Let me close my excels cause I've been working, top up my public transportation card, and I will be with you shortly.

Excited Art GIF by Sherchle

• Love
Reactions: Hak
- Is it true that 'What They Say' was only their third option but they still stitched it up to screw Melissa over?
Am not sure if we'd really know that if Melissa didn't do all she did, but long story short yes.
In the 1st hearing of the finalists the channel jury placed him 3rd (out of 7) and Melissa 6th.

- Did ERT themselves stop Melissa from releasing Liar to be able to re-sell it to CyBC?
I don't think it was hers to sell to begin with, it was the team's that is working with Cyprus this year.

- Why did Cyprus pass her over if they really wanted the song?
Am not sure they really wanted the song, they were originally planning to host a Fame Academy Eurovision special in Greece which is said to have infuriated ERT to the point of complaining to EBU that they are violating it's right to be the only broadcaster to air Eurovision related programs in the country. Not sure if it's true, but the show was cancelled shortly after. My hypothesis is that after the original planning sunk they got on the first available boat.

- Is she not slutty enough?
I have no idea, she's a German reality show alumna, never seen her perform personally.

- What became of the lawsuit?
Am not sure. The media stopped reporting about it.

- Does she still have a record deal?
With whom? Did she have one before?

- Has she released any form of music since?
She's practically unknown so no idea.

• Sad
Reactions: Hak
That's really sad.

ERT killing a German refugee's career before it even started AND stopping a Cypriot national final in the span of a year.

Do we think CyBC chose Liar to spite ERT?
Might Melissa at least be the off screen backup singer in Malmö even if she doesn't have what it takes to be front and centre?

Last edited:
How many songs DID she submit? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom