10 Parsley (Flat Leaf)
02 Parsley (Curly leaf)
07 Rosemary
10 Thyme
08 Sage
10 Tarragon (French)

I LOVE HERBS.

Last edited:
And don't give me that working class nonsense, I saw GREEK BASIL in a Morrisons a few months ago.

I though celery salt was a herb in its own right for years. It was the only seasoning we had in the house other than table salt, ground white pepper, malt vinegar and a jif lemon.

She has a few jars of dried herbs in her cupboard now, but I'm quite sure my mum has never cooked with a fresh herb, other than making mint sauce for lamb.

When I get my new kitchen I'm totally going to grow all these herbs :disco: Probably won't get round to cooking with them, but I'm going to grow them in lovely pots.

It pretty much melts into a ragu though and is always blended as the base of most soups.

It pretty much melts into a ragu though and is always blended as the base of most soups.
That's fine. My memory of it is sliced into perhaps half inch chunks in my mother's stews. And they very much didn't melt.

Reactions: GNL
When I get my new kitchen I'm totally going to grow all these herbs :disco: Probably won't get round to cooking with them, but I'm going to grow them in lovely pots.
Most of them don't really do well indoors though. I do grow most in pots outside.

My flat leaf parsley is still showing lush growth and the Mediterranean herbs were essential at Christmas.

One herb I absolutely would not not grow is Tarragon. You can never find it in the supermarkets. Chervil too, but that is too tender.

That's fine. My memory of it is sliced into perhaps half inch chunks in my mother's stews. And they very much didn't melt.
I dice it so small it isn't noticeable. But yes, huge chunks are a no-no.

I dice it so small it isn't noticeable. But yes, huge chunks are a no-no.
It wouldn't be fried like in a soffritto either. Just chucked in, in large chunks. So there's no aroma release or depth of flavour. Just chunks of BOILED CELERY :sick:

That sounds as vile as celery and soft cheese sandwiches.

oh Eddie not LOCAL BASIL :D

I can’t help but read your list in the voice of ELSPETH

oh-that%27s-just-given-me-goosebumps-elsbeth-catton.gif

08 Basil
07 Bay
07 Chervil
00 Chives
10 Coriander
?? Curry Leaf
02 Dill
06 Fennel (fronds)
-1 Garlic Chives
:shock: Lavender
10 Lime Leaf (Kaffir)
?? Lovage
09 Mint
06 Parsley
05 Rosemary
06 Thyme
05 Sage
00 Tarragon (French)

12 Anise, Basil, Garlic, Mastic, Thyme
10 Nutmeg, Oregano, Pepper, Salt, Vanilla
08 Cinnamon, Clove, Laurel (Bay), Onion, Pink Savory, Saffron
07 Cardamom, Ginger, Mahleb, Paprika, Parsley, Rosemary
06 Coriander, Spearmint
05 Mint, Sage
01 Cumin

Last edited:
How the fuck did he miss Oregano?

I love it, and it’s so FLEXIBLE. I’m sure it’s not supposed to go in everything but there’s very few savoury dishes I wouldn’t add it to.

I think it is well known that herbs do not actually have a taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom