Israel-Gaza War

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 hospitals were attacked yesterday. The ambulances of one were preparing to evacuate patients to the crossing with Egypt when it got hit. The Jabaliya refugee camp was bombed twice. The level of destruction is astounding. The bodies lying at the entrance of the hospitals, along the only road that connects north and south Gaza, the sheer cruelty of the Israeli regime, is astounding. And you’ve got the US flying drones over Gaza, providing billions in additional military aid, trying to continue to do so without Congress oversight - and telling Israel that they want a humanitarian pause just so that they can prolong their attack - it’s so disgusting, I can’t even.

We’re nearing 10,000 dead, over 3 thousand of whom are children. For those who couldn’t look away from Ukraine but find they’re able to do so now, pull your fingers out.

‘Oh they were being used by Hamas’ - yeah, SURE, bitch. 🙄 Which is why you’ve been bombing every last piece of public infrastructure in Gaza - including little wooden FISHING boats.

I want us to reject the inevitability of this. I want us to stop thinking that this is some ancient war that we can’t do anything about. I want us to understand that the growing fascism in Britain first finds its expression in Palestine. I want us to imagine and demand a better future for kids who didn’t ask for any of this, but are being blown to pieces.

Do you believe that the thousands of people who have been bombed in Gaza since 7/10 (including over three thousand children) were members of Hamas? There were ways of responding to the Hamas attack that didn't involve wiping out entire bloodlines.

Do you believe that the thousands of people who have been bombed in Gaza since 7/10 (including over three thousand children) were members of Hamas? There were ways of responding to the Hamas attack that didn't involve wiping out entire bloodlines.
Where in my post did I say or even imply that?

Where in my post did I say or even imply that?
I'm going to apologise because I think I took your post in bad faith. It just gets frustrating when online discourse about this situation (mostly elsewhere rather than here to be fair) has people popping in saying "but what about Hamas?" all the time. The Hamas attack was disgusting and terrible, I think we can all agree on that. To respond in the way Israel has isn't an attempt to destroy Hamas; it's an attack on every man, woman and child within Gaza. This consistutes collective punishment, which is a war crime.

I'm going to apologise because I think I took your post in bad faith. It just gets frustrating when online discourse about this situation (mostly elsewhere rather than here to be fair) has people popping in saying "but what about Hamas?" all the time. The Hamas attack was disgusting and terrible, I think we can all agree on that. To respond in the way Israel has isn't an attempt to destroy Hamas; it's an attack on every man, woman and child within Gaza. This consistutes collective punishment, which is a war crime.
I agree with this, but I think the discourse in this thread is also frustrating. Case in point the responses I have had to my post.
Anyway, I am not going to wade in any further.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that it was Hamas who started the 'aggression' and not Israel.

What is the occupation if not 'aggression'? What is the piecemeal annexation of the West Bank if not 'aggression'? What is the restricted access to Al-Aqsa if not 'aggression'? What is the normalisation of relations with Arab countries as a way of dissolving support for Palestinian self-determination if not 'aggression'?

Last edited:
Israel has as much right to exist as any other state, though if the continued existence of a state requires the permanent imprisonment and brutalisation of a portion of the populace then perhaps how that state is organised needs some sort of rethink.

the bad faith arguments I'm seeing in certain quarters of social media in which almost any show of humanity can be spun as "you support Hamas while they're killing queers!", "you're blatantly anti-Semitic/you want to wipe Israel off the map!" or "you don't think Jews should have a safe place to live?!" are fucking wild and driving me mad today.

anyway:
Anyway, I am not going to wade in any further.
don't do this, stay and make your point! we can discuss without hysterically screaming each other down, this isn't CONGRESS.

Reactions: LTZ
“What about Israel” is so WHITE LIVES MATTER.

I’m seeing it all the time on social media.

People are really up in arms about the size of these Pro-Palestine protests around the world. Let’s face it, their main issue is that they just didn’t expect MOST PEOPLE to be against the Israeli government’s disproportionate response and it’s making them question their disgustingly blasé attitude towards Gaza citizens been blown up for the great crime of being in their own homes.

GOOD!

Reactions: COB
Let people have their opinions. Naturally people will pick a side and argue with the other. I'm sure Moopy has equally bullshit views to pro-Israel supporters.

He's so awful, I just can't fathom the mind of someone with the power to actually do something being so callous:

Particularly when 80% of his party's voters support a ceasefire! You'd think that would move the needle even a little bit but no.

He's so awful, I just can't fathom the mind of someone with the power to actually do something being so callous:

Particularly when 80% of his party's voters support a ceasefire! You'd think that would move the needle even a little bit but no.

Politics are always affected by who has funded your election campaign, whom you have financial relationships with, it's never just what the public wants that makes policies shift, it's not a strictly US problem, it happens all the time to us too. Did you see anyone react for the Armenians forced to abandon their centuries old villages and houses? No cause we signed gas deals with the Azeris.

Lot of bullshit in this thread. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Israel has as much right to exist as any other state, though if the continued existence of a state requires the permanent imprisonment and brutalisation of a portion of the populace then perhaps how that state is organised needs some sort of rethink.
kind of this, but the representatives of a potential Palestinian state has repeatedly rejected a two state solution (the only practical outcome) most recently in 2000. This led to Hamas taking control, which led to fearful Israelis electing further rightwing governments. The result is carnage.

Any criticism of the Israeli governments actions MUST also contain the same for the brutal extremists of Hamas. Sadly I don’t see that forthcoming from many of the left… which is fucking disgraceful.

I wonder why this little cunt decided to speak up finally…

kind of this, but the representatives of a potential Palestinian state has repeatedly rejected a two state solution (the only practical outcome) most recently in 2000. This led to Hamas taking control, which led to fearful Israelis electing further rightwing governments. The result is carnage.
Why be so quick to call up other people's bullshit when your potted history of the last 23 years of the conflict serves as a perfect example of it? :disco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom