Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

Oh, I like THAT. Immediately stands out more than anything from COTCC.

this mess of a campaign (which hasn't even started yet) reminds me of Ariana's Sweetener swiftly followed by thank u, next and the latter was the BETTER album, so here's hopin'!

although.....I wonder why dear old LIZZY won't serve a solid, great album once in a while instead of releasing one every couple of years but I guess the gays will keep her afloat by streaming a couple of bops per piece.

Mike Dean (Kanye, Beyonce, Madonna, Weeknd etc) confirmed he is collaborating with Lana on new music in a livestream today. He isn't particularly known for ballads like "Blue Banisters" so this is adding fuel to the rumors that Rock Candy Sweet and Blue Banisters are two separate albums. He also added a comment that we are getting "at least one new album". :shock:

The Instagram post has been removed (probably cause it's true), and Producer Mike Dean has teased a snippet leak in advance of Thursday:

This sounds very cinematic and reminiscent of Paradise, such a U-turn from COCC.

The way her higher register just soars near of the end of that

feeling it GIF by The Kennedy Center

3 new songs coming tonight US time

1. "Text Book" - 5:03 (composers: Lana Del Rey, Gabriel Edward Simon)
2. "Blue Banisters" - 4:52 (composers: Lana Del Rey, Gabriel Edward Simon)
3. "Wildflower Wildfire" - 4:46 (composers: Mike Dean, Sage Skolfield, Sean Solymar, Lana Del Rey)

@POP! thrilled to learn that Jack is OUT

Wildflower Wildfire is OK. I kinda hate the piano though.

Blue Banisters on the other hand... wow. :disco:

cackling at her name dropping Nikki Lane multiple times on BB. ma'am, she's a stan.

this song feels like something kinda new for her. I'm INTO IT.

Text Book is just lovely. these songs feel a bit more lively and less stripped back (which is not to say better than...) much of Chemtrails, I can see this tringle getting the locals (including you ungrateful bitches) back on board.

Releasing three songs the same day but as separate single releases on Spotify... And that artwork... Do her label hate her?

Blue Bannisters is lovely

Even when she releases good music, you can always count on Lana to give us something to hate :disco:

In this case, the artwork

Between a job interview, Eurovision and this, I don’t think I am able to afford anymore emotional investment. I’m sorry Lana, but this will have to wait to tomorrow.

On first listen, Text Book is easily my favorite thing she’s done post NFR

Blue Bannisters isn’t as instant but I like it a lot too

Wildflower Wildfire (very hard to say out loud) is good too! She’s BACK

Wildflower Wildfire is amazing, I also quite Textbook. She could have kept BB in the BBin.

Other men I met felt right
Would smile at you and stick in a knife
In your back, finally I met you so I’m not wondering why

You’ve got a Thunderbird
My daddy had one too
Let’s rewrite history
I’ll do this dance with you
You know I’m not that girl
You know I’ll never be
Maybe just the way we’re different could set me free

There we were
Screaming Black Lives Matter
In a crowd by the Old Man River
& I saw you saw who I am
God, I wish I was with my father
He could see us in all our splendor

I screamed for them...

COCC got shat on, HARD.

Scared Wendy Williams GIF by ADWEEK

Releasing three songs the same day but as separate single releases on Spotify... And that artwork... Do her label hate her?

Blue Bannisters is lovely
I'm thinking it is less of an EP situation and more of three teaser tracks for the upcoming album (Blue Banisters - due July 4th allegedly :eyes:)

OK now I'm playing "Blue Banisters" on repeat.

Summer comes, winter goes
Spring I skip, God knows
Summer comes, winter goes
Spring I sleep, heaven knows

:googlyeyes:

The way the "Text Book" verses are Lana's version of "Back to Black". Apparently it was co-written by Zachary Dawes ("California") - hopefully there's more of him on the album.

The way the "Text Book" verses are Lana's version of "Back to Black". Apparently it was co-written by Zachary Dawes ("California") - hopefully there's more of him on the album.
Interesting, didn't she say she written a few tracks with him that didn't make NFR? I wonder if these are those tracks

"Wildflower Wildfire" is today's revelation. The pre-chorus is the best bit, and the lyrics are some of her most personal. Didn't know there were issues with her mom - "His wife" is quite the statement

Here's the deal
My father never stepped in
When his wife would rage at me

So I ended up awkward, but sweet
Later than hospitals and still on my feet
Comfortably numb, but with lithium came poetry

And, baby I, I've been running on startrip
IV's for so long
I wouldn’t know how cruel the world was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom