Madonna collaborations thread 2023: The Weeknd, Sam Smith, Chris

I think she's playing GOD or something on the Chris/Redcar(?) album which should be good. I'm sure the other collabs will be HOT DIARRHEA.

And you're all welcome for my new avatar. I LOVE trolling Moopy. đź’…

• Love
Reactions: GNL
what the fuck is that cover?? Did they photoshop this pic of her into it with no effort at all?

54df2953-301d-43ce-b3b1-1947e9e33362.jpg

That’s really good

And that’s the best Madonna has sounded in years. Delicate and smooth, it’s probably altered but it’s nice to hear her singing with emotion again

it's a slightly strange register she's singing in, almost like she's come up to meet the Weeknd who has a very high vocal. but she does sound good on her brief verse.

quite a GOOD SONG too!

Full on Weeknd collabo in the works?

“I've always wanted to work with her,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to write and produce a Madonna album…well, co-produce with her, of course. She’s a visionary and she has such a singular vision, and I just want to come into her world and create a classic Madonna album. That was always my dream. Hopefully this is the appetizer for that.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/the-week...ayboi-carti-for-new-idol-song-popular-listen/

'Popular' is now on all the major Spotify playlists (Hot Hits UK, Top Hits etc.) and appears on her page (i.e. for monthly listeners). I don't want to get my hopes up but could we be looking at her finally being able to get credited on a UK Top 40 and a US Hot 100 entry? @Jark

I thought he was calling himself Abel now.

Anyway, at least something has been salvaged from the disaster of The Idol.

Do we have any idea of when initial streaming figures will be out? I want to be cautiously optimistic but I don't want to jinx it. It's on all the major streaming playlists.

Do we have any idea of when initial streaming figures will be out? I want to be cautiously optimistic but I don't want to jinx it. It's on all the major streaming playlists.
It'll rise on Apple music throughout the day, and then the Spotify first day numbers will be out tomorrow morning

It's basically a Weeknd song innit. She does suit his whole dark-pop vibe though, but a full album would be FILLER CITY no doubt.

It's basically a Weeknd song innit. She does suit his whole dark-pop vibe though, but a full album would be FILLER CITY no doubt.
Not if she works with Max Martin and Stuart Price too.
I think the combination of Weeknd & Stuart Price with Madonna would be fantastic.

I didn't say it was a BAD IDEA :disco: I'm all for Madge having (decent) bops with replay value in this century.

Oh no, I'm saying I agree with you really. I'm not sure I want a whole album with The Weeknd. Knowing Madgette she will mix it up I am sure and not just work with him solely (@Halli ). My sources tell me there's a full album pretty much in the works/ready anyway.... :eyes:

Ooh first Kylie back in the charts and now (hopefully) Madonna. We just need to get Belinda Carlisle's new music in there now!

According to the folk at UKMix, it should chart on the Bareback Hot 100.

Number 3 on US Spotify. This has to be her first top 10 on Spotify and maybe her first top 40?

Popular debuts at #13 on Spotify UK. Great for a Madonna track, but kind of soft for a new The Weeknd release, no?
it's a soundtrack single (for a show that's hardly must watch). it's performing roughly on par with Dua from last week.

Reactions: VoR
I like this, its sort of what I expected from them, if Weeknd is the lead then I was doubting he would release a turd. Note she gets a 'fucking' in there quite early on. Reminds me of what she was going for with Crave.

Yeah soundtrack singles tend to struggle versus standalone singles, but some break through eventually. Usually because of a high profile film (which this isn’t). But the song is good and the Madonna collab is getting some press so it might hang around yet.

I really hope this pushes her monthly listeners to 30M in due course on Spit Fry-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom