Madonna collaborations thread 2023: The Weeknd, Sam Smith, Chris

Dua Lipa’s soundtrack song is climbing in its second week so this might have some legs yet. If the show is a hit, that will certainly help.

7m streams by Sunday seems like a LOT to me. Although it could be mostly America?

#23 on YouTube music. Dua Lipa is on #28

Bit boring, isn’t it?
It's good but not earth shattering. It's nice for the summer saison though. I love her verse and her harmonising with him and wish she had a bigger part but I understand the rules of the game.

It's a solid 8/10 from the Madame S jury.

It's good but not earth shattering. It's nice for the summer saison though. I love her verse and her harmonising with him and wish she had a bigger part but I understand the rules of the game.

It's a solid 8/10 from the Madame S jury.
I really like her bit, she sounds fantastic. The rest of the song is really dull, especially that endlessly repeated line that constitutes the chorus.

6/10.

She does sound alright on this (I assume she was told what to do for once :tongueout:) but that Hard Candy production sound is something I NEVER want to hear again

It's number #1!!!! On the Madonna chart

FB_IMG_1686035663826.jpg

Crying out for that one. I’ve been fashioning a peep-o leotard to wear at London’s fashionable WHITE SWAN where I shall be sensually prancing and miming on stage to the RAP PART with a STRAW OBVIOUSLY
Darling I'm squeezing all my BITS'n'BOBS into a CORSET as we SPEAK! :disco:

Try adding another 18 inches on her waist darling and that'll be Madame S pre-SWIMSUIT season in 2023
I suppose all those months of LOCKDOWN and LINGUINE DO take their toll on an old STRUMPET :(
And we’ve ALL heard about the BUTTER ANTICS

As I always say, straight on the bread or straight from the packet - ÇA M’EST ÉGAL BÉBÉ :disco:

It's been a tough few years, won't lie, but I'm BACK ON IT in preparation for the VULGAR video :disco:
HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH sweetie!

It's a great album.

He had this to say about working with Madonna:

It was a rock ‘n’ roll experience. I wanted to give her a character and knew she’d slay it because she is a fantastic actress. I explained the part and was very enthusiastic about it, like ‘you can be the all-encompassing mum, the all encompassing alter for the angels’ and she was like ‘I’ll do it!’ Maybe she just wanted me to stop talking. She slayed the part. At night I sent her the songs with the imprint of the lyrics. She did it her way. It was like Gina Rowlands playing for [John] Cassavetes, you know?

Then I met her to properly talk, for dinner. She was very powerful. I really think she’s a reincarnation of a British lord. She has that dandyism. And the piercing blue eyes. Sorry to say it, but her flesh is transcended by a charisma that is hard to pinpoint. I was actually listening to her and having very genuine conversations, but her blue gaze, I was trying to pinpoint… where the fuck does she come from? She’s quite intoxicating. She’s immediate but also mysterious. I don’t exclude the idea that she might be Metatron, the angel of presence and transformation.

Bitch, I'm Metatron, the angel of presence and transformation :disco:

Looks like she's about to get another Top Ten to add to her collection - "Popular" up 6 to a peak of #11 this week.

Holy shit/water, she has an actual hit? I'll have whatever flesh-eating bacteria she's having :disco:

I guess the Kylieclipse distracted me.

Looks like it was filmed at The Idol set in between takes and he invited Madonna over??

hold on, so she DOES sing the chorus along with Abel but they're both in the same key!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom