Nicola Roberts - Cinderella's Eyes

L! O! VE!? or H! A! TE!?

• Total voters
I agree with Pop- the best moment of the entire thing is "Please don't break my Porcelain HEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT"

Absolute *shivers*

I want a ROBOTBOY review.

Although given that he called the glory note in Porcelein heart "unlistenable" I'm not filled with hope.

It's good. I don't love it yet, but I kind of know when an album is going to grow on me, and this will

I did

I'm a bit disappointed that her pen seemed to be running out due to the tens of thousands she must have been signing, though. I hope she hasn't got RSI.

The play.com signed poster is quite strangely stuck to the back of the CD box. I think I'll leave it there. The signature could really be anyone as is par for the course.

I'm only on my second listen so it is still early days but I like it very much so far. I don't like I very much at the moment, but otherwise very good stuff. Yo-Yo is quite simple but I love the chorus and her cover of Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime works well for me. Say It Out Loud is probably my favourite; I think it shows that it is an ex-Xenomania production job it has a bit of that sound about it, especially in the chorus. Gladiator is a proper :disco: moment as well.

I want a ROBOTBOY review.

Although given that he called the glory note in Porcelein heart "unlistenable" I'm not filled with hope.

I will give it a listen at some point, but I really do struggle with the vox on the three tracks I've heard so far.

i like that nicola's diplo collab wound up as an album opener while beyonce's got closer status

The VOX aren't that bad at all. I'm fair 'ol enjoying it like. Say It Out Loud is PROPER :disco:

I will give it a listen at some point, but I really do struggle with the vox on the three tracks I've heard so far.
Concentrate on the second half of the album RB - the VOX there are considerably toned down as it all gets progressively DARKER lyrically...

Don't want to be the LAST TO KNOW
Will it be a YES or NO OH OH OH
You're swinging me UP
You're swinging me DOWN
I feel like a YO YO YO YO YO YO YO...

:disco:

if this is not in my mail when I get home today I shall send them a FORMAL COMPLAINT :evil:

Don't want to be the LAST TO KNOW
Will it be a YES or NO OH OH OH
You're swinging me UP
You're swinging me DOWN
I feel like a YO YO YO YO YO YO YO...

:disco:

I like the chorus but the middle 8 is absolutely OUTSTANDING.

Noted Tory Nicola will be on This Week later tonight.

Last edited:
I hate to go against our Stace, but i'm really finding this album to be shitting GREAT.

In fact as an overall piece it's currently my second favourite girls aloud album. It's just a TREAT to listen to. I'm so pleased there was some sort of blip in the fabric of the universe that allowed her to actually record and release this.

it's been 9 days and still no sign of this ALLEGED MAGNUM OPUS

I might not even want to hear it when it finally arrives :evil:

As a wise philosopher* once said, ABSENCE makes the HEART grow FONDER

I'm sure you're allowed to illegally download it if you've actually bought a copy though.

*Lady Cluck out of Disney's Robin Hood

THAT I can't even be arsed to do

it'll have to do with the two singles and a b-side

see you when you're back with GA, NICOLA MARIA

JUST DOWNLOAD IT MATS.

I won't think bad of you.

Take A Bite's written about that BOSS-EYED CUNT Moyles, right?

I'm so pleased there was some sort of blip in the fabric of the universe that allowed her to actually record and release this.

When I met her [/Mollie Sugden's Bridesmaid], I'd had a few gins and gushed ' THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS ALBUM NICOLA'.

She gave me a hug :shy:

She was BRILL on This Week. And she looked so lovely.

Just to agree with what VoR said, I love how issues-based and passionate she is without being so insincere and laboured like Gaga. She comes across as very intelligent.

Last edited:
Take A Bite's written about that BOSS-EYED CUNT Moyles, right?

My thoughts PRECISELY. The middle 8 features yet another moment of genius from Queen Nic.

And no, not that washed up PUSSYCAT DOLL.

Last edited:
After listening to this album once, I was about to come into this thread a make a post wondering what on earth the big old gay fuss was about. I'd have given it a 6 then. Then I listened a second time and realised I wasn't doing it justice. After a third I'm fully on board with it and different songs are massively jumping out at me (currently the title track, Gladiator and Take A Bite). My one reservation is still her voice which is just the wrong side of shrill and squawky for me at quite a few points. And I really could do without the Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime cover. I don't like it much anyway, she's done little to improve it, and her vibrato on it is really offputting.

I think the rather lush production makes "Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime", it's not a highlight but at least it makes sense sonically.

"Take a Bite" is definitely my lowlight so far.

Last edited:
SOLID EFFORT

I should introduce it to my red haired siblings. my brother's a musician, he could get inspired to write about his own troubled ginge youth

Yo-Yo is a good song but it won't get here anywhere, and her voice sounds terrible in parts. I'm really loving Take A Bite at the moment!

Oh my this is so much better than I ever imagined, what a stellar effort. I was worried "Beat Of My Drum" (which is NICE and all but not outstanding for me and seemed more about the quirkiness of it all than the actual tune) would be more representative of the overall sound, but then along comes "Lucky Day" and thank christ it's more akin to that, although every song is different really. BOMD is about the least conventional thing there whereas the rest are more typical pop songs but losing absolutely NONE of the character and personality, which makes it all rather :disco: indeed.

I think some will take a while to grow or may not at all but there's enough 8/10+ tunes here to keep me VERY HAPPY. I think having "Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime" there is inspired too, filling a ballad slot and seems very well suited to her and her voice. Although that's a 10/10 track for me REGARDLESS so I'd be quite furious had she screwed it up.

"Lucky Day" maybe predictably is my current highlight but then I'm still savouring its initial charms having been in a bit of a musical VOID for a few weeks. It's absolutely ROTTEN that it never charted well, but then it would have been silly to expect any less from a NR project of ANY kind :( So hey ho, at least we got the damn thing..

And Yo-Yo is a TREMENDOUS choice. In that it's an obvious highlight and ain't gonna make a damn bit of difference anyway so at least she's chucking the VERY BEST out there. That chorus is nothing if not a 10/10 euphoric moment

God I'm listening again now, in the right (i.e FAVOURED) hands it would, obviously, be a big fat hit. I wonder if it would have made a difference as the first single, but as this is Nicola Roberts, PROBABLY NOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom