Russia DISQUALIFIED from Eurovision

Should Russia be BOOOOOOOOOOOed?

• Total voters
Yes, they won’t be back this side of a revolution.

I heard it was due to be Russia's turn to get a Kirkorov "dream team" entry. Wonder if they'll try to switch somewhere else or if Phil can't get into any other country.

Now confirmed that Russia would've sent Slavia Simonova, a partially sighted girl.

I'm sure it was all based on talent and had nothing to do with the optics of a disabled girl getting booed (again) :eyes:

Russia’s two main broadcasters (Channel One and VGTRK) have now left the European Broadcasting Union.

Hard to imagine seeing Russia in the contest again for a very long time.

Good riddance. They were both Putin mouthpieces anyway.

She uploaded stories to IG crying while crossing the border, don't know what she's saying but it's really sad :(
She looked exhausted and devastated. God bless her and her little family.

Can we please now retire the already tiresome anti-Jamala rhetoric on here?

It was never her fault that MARUV got disqualified in the first place.

Can we please now retire the already tiresome anti-Jamala rhetoric on here?

It was never her fault that MARUV got disqualified in the first place.
I think / hope it was only ever tongue in cheek and in a different context of time. She’s been an amazing advocate for her country which she clearly loves dearly.

Reactions: VoR
Yeah, she’s clearly a piece of work (or perhaps just incredibly stupid, which wouldn’t surprise me at all). She has no excuse for her ignorance given her undoubted privilege.

It's quite vile to think that she recorded her last music video with a really well-known Ukrainian director (who has done lots iwth Barskih, Loboda and co.) - just nasty.

It might be slightly excusable / understandable if she’d never left Russia and is subject to the constant brainwashing except she HAS. Many international friends on speed dial to tell her what’s what including the girls from WIWIBLOGGS who’d be only too willing to screech down the phone and set her straight :disco:

“Oh God it’s them again - just let it ring” IN RUSSIAN OBVIOUSLY

Actually I bet she doesn’t like the gays anyway :)

It might be slightly excusable / understandable if she’d never left Russia and is subject to the constant brainwashing except she HAS. Many international friends on speed dial to tell her what’s what including the girls from WIWIBLOGGS who’d be only too willing to screech down the phone and set her straight :disco:

Why I am picturing our @VoR shouting through her letterbox whilst she hides in the utility room.

‘Are you home, Poli?’

If my experience of non-Russian culture was WIWIBLOGS I'd be yelling DEATH TO THE WEST from the highest rooftop.

Please God may LOBODA be on Équipe Ukraine, even if she has presumably sold herself to the Russians to make those ravishingly high end videos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom