The USA: The Biden Years

ypcl0vg7w6p71.jpg

I don’t think Joe Manchin is corrupt. I think he’s egotistical and thinks that only he can restore bipartisanship.
He can’t though, since the Republican Party is beyond repair.

Still sure about this?

It's absurd that he and Krysten Sinema wield so much power right now.

Still sure about this?

It's absurd that he and Krysten Sinema wield so much power right now.
No, he's seeming pretty corrupt now. He's egotistical AND corrupt. And Sinema is killing me

Reactions: VoR
The Republican who tried and failed to represent Baltimore last year... Build Back Better is the Biden plan

Also what is “meat and veg, perfectly blended”? It sounds terrible

nobody should have the power to hold their party hostage in that way anyway. LET HIM WALK.

I know. but he might continue to vote with the Dems rather than go Rep on key issues. then again, maybe not.

it sucks either way but he's literally blackmailing them. it can't go on.

I’m really growing to hate him, but the alternative (literally anyone who can win West Virginia) is so much worse

Ew I‘ve just seen that the Republican won the governor race!

@RJN was this a SHOCK considering it’s well, VIRGINIA?

Ew I‘ve just seen that the Republican won the governor race!

@RJN was this a SHOCK considering it’s well, VIRGINIA?
I wouldn't say its a shock, because thats how the polling was looking. New Jersey still being too close to call is the shock.

But Virginia is disheartening because it is pretty much a blue state now. And it's a bad sign for 2022. Virginia is a pretty similar state to Georgia, so I've taken this as a sign to panic about our governor's race next year.

It's hardly surprising. The narratives created by the Trump era are still dominant and Biden hasn't really done much, as far as I can see. It was one thing to just run a Sharpie though Trump's executive orders but he hasn't managed to take control of the tone or the conversation.

It’s historically quite normal for the party that wins the White House to lose the Virginia gubernatorial the following year. I think only once in 40 years (2013) has this pattern been broken. The demographic change isn’t strong enough yet to break this.

so basically Virginia's full of CONTRARIAN SHIT STIRRERS.

It’s historically quite normal for the party that wins the White House to lose the Virginia gubernatorial the following year. I think only once in 40 years (2013) has this pattern been broken. The demographic change isn’t strong enough yet to break this.

Yes, and this is kind of a relief. But things are so polarized, even more so than in 2009, I wasn’t expecting such a big swing

And my friend just told me she doesn’t want to go to her cousin’s wedding because he works for the Republican Party of Virginia

Yes, I've just been reading about this. Most peculiar.

I don’t even think that’s a technicality, is it? There’s a sort of special caretaker president role in these sort of cases, but she won’t actually be president.

Oh well sure don’t let that stop them

If I was joe Biden, I don’t know if I’d want everyone to know I’m having a colonoscopy :D

I don’t even think that’s a technicality, is it? There’s a sort of special caretaker president role in these sort of cases, but she won’t actually be president.

Oh well sure don’t let that stop them
She’s the “acting president”

Speaking of getting things in through the back door, the Build Back Better bill passed the House today!

Just needs to somehow get Manchin and Sinema into line now… :eyes:

• Love
Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom