Threads, a topic about it

I’m getting notifications about people using it but the app doesn’t seem to be available here so I can’t see anything.
Us:
536.jpg

The problem is that I mostly use Instagram to follow people I know in real life, people from here, and celebrities, which isn't really who I follow on Twitter (news and funny stuff mostly). So mixing them seems weird

Followed a bunch of people and it looked all fine, then every other time I open it I only see random messages from loads of people not even vaguely connected with the people I followed. Weird.

50 million users in the first day. There’s 450 million users on Twitter so they have a long way to go but fairly promising numbers so far that will increase when the EU issue is sorted out.

I can see it and I haven't made a Threads account yet. I am logged into Instagram though, maybe that's enough to do it?

How do I follow people I have on Instagram who haven’t followed me first? I feel like an old man because I can’t figure it out :D

I can't with people talking about "Twitter-killer" only for Facebook to turn around and literally serve us an unseasoned Geocities blog.

You can't even browse your albums! Even Moopy lets you browse your ALBUMS!!

Last edited:
I like how this was collectively abandoned after a day.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
A few people were saying it was broken already - Frankie Boyle being the best known one I've seen.

The lack of a simple chronological timeline and the immediate pushing of ads and brands definitely turned me off, I don't know if others are the same but maybe?

I understand putting out an unfinished product to capitalise on twitter CAPSIZING but it's been weeks and doesn't appear to have introduced any features except the ability to translate posts... Even things you can already do on Instagram like DMing people, viewing analytics data, or buying ads?!

The chronological feed of only accounts you're following is coming today/already available for some people, it seems. You have to click the icon at the top to switch from For You to Following, and it apparently defaults to For You whenever you restart the app, but baby steps I guess :eyes:

Reactions: dUb
Is this still a thing? Anyone using it?

Can’t get it in the EU still

I’m irritated by the seemingly non available opt-out option of seeing random threads being pushed all over Instagram. Nobody cares!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom