What streaming services do you have on subscription? [Cost of Living Crisis Remix]

What do you pay for?

• Total voters
I think Disney is better in the UK because we get all the Hulu shows too. I barely watch any of the MCU shows and none of the Star Wars shit, but still have plenty to watch on it. About to start watching Under The Banner of Heaven soon.

I'm still doing a different one each month. Netflix has gone now that I've caught up on their new films, and MUBI is this month's pick.

I've been on Apple Music for a few years now, and that always stays.

I'm currently using Apple Music but thinking about switching to Spotify. Is it better?

I'm currently using Apple Music but thinking about switching to Spotify. Is it better?
I switched from Apple Music to Spotify in January and its so much better

I also get really annoyed at them always trying to push podcasts at me. Just make a separate app for them or something, I don't use Spotify for podcasts and I never will :evil:

I pay for Spotify for me and my daughter to use.
She pays for Disney+ for everyone.
I pay for Amazon prime.
We leech netflix from K's brother.
I pay £60 a year for an IPTV sub that has all Sky channels, movies, PPV and all that jazz

I need to work out how to do this IPTV business but it’s a bit beyond me…

I’ve got a fancy new tv especially but don’t know what to do next.

You need a subscriber service. I use one called Maxco but there's loads.
Then you need a parser app on your TV or fire stick (I use Tivimate but there are loads of others like IPTVSmarters). Most services will have a step by step guide to help.

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hayu and Spotify.

I did have Amazon Music but cancelled it, then regretted it because every time I wanted to listen to Westlife or Backstreet Boys etc it would play me some shit by A1 or Take That.

So now Mandy has done an add on on her Spotify for me.

We cancelled sky as it was getting too expensive.

I want to cancel Prime but I like the free postage.

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hayu and Spotify.

I did have Amazon Music but cancelled it, then regretted it because every time I wanted to listen to Westlife or Backstreet Boys etc it would play me some shit by A1 or Take That.

So now Mandy has done an add on on her Spotify for me.

We cancelled sky as it was getting too expensive.

I want to cancel Prime but I like the free postage.
Do you mean Mandy has paid more to add you as a second account on hers, so you can listen separately? Mr L just piggy backs on mine, so we can't be both be listening at the same time. And he fucks my lastfm stats up :(

Do you mean Mandy has paid more to add you as a second account on hers, so you can listen separately? Mr L just piggy backs on mine, so we can't be both be listening at the same time. And he fucks my lastfm stats up :(
Yep, only an extra £5 a month which I'll pay, it's cheaper than Amazon music. I did think about piggy backing on hers but we would end up wanting to listen at the same time. And her playlists are not my idea of a good playlist.

There's a difference between Amazon Music you get as standard with Prime, and the extra subscription Amazon Music Unlimited. I'm not quite sure what the differences are entirely, but I find Amazon Music pretty unusable. If I try to play a track or an album it shuffles to something else - I just tried to play Robyn's Hang With Me and it changed to Goldfrapp's Yellow Halo with a message saying 'we shuffled the song you selected with similar songs. To listen to this specific track on-demand and ad-free, try Amazon Music Unlimited'.

What's the point?

There's a difference between Amazon Music you get as standard with Prime, and the extra subscription Amazon Music Unlimited. I'm not quite sure what the differences are entirely, but I find Amazon Music pretty unusable. If I try to play a track or an album it shuffles to something else - I just tried to play Robyn's Hang With Me and it changed to Goldfrapp's Yellow Halo with a message saying 'we shuffled the song you selected with similar songs. To listen to this specific track on-demand and ad-free, try Amazon Music Unlimited'.

What's the point?
That never happened to me with Amazon Music Unlimited. Hmm.

I unsubscribed because they raised their prices and I realised you got the music app with YouTube Premium anyway, and YouTube just has so much more choice of things that aren’t on Spotify/Apple at all.

..don't you get Amazon music as part of prime anyway?
You get some music. But to be able to listen to exactly what you want and have unlimited skipping, you have to pay another £7.99 a month

What's the point?
It's dreadful isn't it!! And you only get 5 skips before you're stuck listening to whatever they decide you want to listen to.

Disney+ is shit.
Well I'm back.
8JroA8m.gif

HBO Max is no more. Max it is, because when you have a brand name that is synonymous with high quality tv shows you want to remove it because fuck quality.

And then use the launch to announce that you are redoing a very successful movie franchise into a tv show from the head TERF because that won’t backfire

I have got rid of Netflix, and as I predicted have started seeing about 3/4 different shows that I would quite like to watch, and they are netflix, on top of friends recommending netflix series' :D I just wasn't watching it and found there was enough for me on iPlayer etc what with dramas, docs and sports. I then decided to subscribe to NOW for the sole purpose of Just Like That which defeated the point of cancelling Netflix, will have to have a search on there to see if there's anything else worth watching :D

I couldn't be without spotify.

There are always three or four different shows I'd quite like to watch, but how often do you actually watch them? I've still not watched the last seasons of Sex Education, Dead To Me, Bridgerton (and that more recent spin off) to name but three.

I ought to try cancelling Netflix to see how I manage without it for a few months. At the moment I really am just paying lots for the choice of programmes I'll never watch.

I don’t think I’d ever cancel Amazon because I’ve just got used to the ease of having Prime delivery.

TV+ is relatively cheap and has high quality content

Disney+ the ease of paying 10 months for the price of 12 annually means I don’t really think about it until the time comes to renew. Since they’ve been deleting content to avoid paying residuals, I might have to have a re-think depending on what they delete.

Netflix so far is the most restrictive, most expensive and has the lowest general quality, so at the moment if I needed to cut back it would be first to go.

Disney+ the ease of paying 10 months for the price of 12 annually means I don’t really think about it until the time comes to renew. Since they’ve been deleting content to avoid paying residuals, I might have to have a re-think depending on what they delete.
...what are you watching on it?

Anyway, I now have HBO on Go3 (a streaming service in Baltics) which I'm not paying for so might as well cancel everything else. :disco:

...what are you watching on it?

I genuinely do watch the old Disney live action films from the 60s and 70s and the shorts when they pop up. The Hulu content is great with their entertaining mini series like Pam & Tommy and The Dropout.

Extraordinary and Reboot were two fantastic new comedies. Abbott Elementary too, and just the general convenience of the Fox Studios catalogue - I rarely revisit it but knowing it’s there is nice, but I understand that’s among lot of the stuff being deleted (if they deleted the pointless Marvel and Star Wars TV shows I’d have no problem with that, but obviously that’s not going to happen). I do plan to eventually binge a whole bunch of long running ABC shows at some point.

How does a streaming tax write off work? Seems to be all the rage at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom