What streaming services do you have on subscription? [Cost of Living Crisis Remix]

What do you pay for?

• Total voters
Not content with putting half their streaming stuff on Freevee so you have to watch ads, Amazon are now planning on putting ads into everything else unless you pay an increased fee:
Ads are coming to Prime Video's entertainment content. Commercials in movies and series will be introduced in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Canada in early 2024, followed by France, Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Australia later in the year.
There are no details about how big the ad load will be, with Amazon saying that commercials will be "limited" and the goal is "to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers."

In addition to free shipping and other benefits, for their monthly fee — currently at $14.99 — Prime members have been able to watch Prime Video films and series ad-free. Those who want to continue to do so next year will have to pay an additional fee, set at $2.99 per month in the U.S. The rest will watch shows and movies that feature ads, with their monthly Prime membership remaining unchanged.
Literally paying more for a worse service, not that there's much worth watching on it anyway.

I'm certainly not paying extra. For the amount I watch it really will be a minor irritation at worst.

Oh they can all fuck off, lately.

I hope this backfires massively.

The way they all positioned themselves against the networks back in the day as “premium subscriptions, no ads”.

Now they’ve practically killed the networks they do what they want.

It’s not our fault they overspend on shit TV that nobody watched! Spend the subscription money wisely and maybe you can still maintain a valuable service…

I've realised that the only things I've watched on it recently are through one of the additional 'channels' (Hayu), so I might as well just subscribe to that through their own app and cancel Prime entirely. I don't need their fast delivery either, so 🤷‍♂️

I knew this was coming. There was no way they were going to be competitive as a streaming service knowing all of their subscribers mostly paid for the free delivery and considered Prime Video as just a freebie added on.

It’s not our fault they overspend on shit TV that nobody watched! Spend the subscription money wisely and maybe you can still maintain a valuable service…

I know they don’t release viewing figures, but exactly how accurate is this site?

I’ve been sporadically looking at the charts for some of the streaming services and considering how much money these services spend on a lot of new TV/movie content, it’s interesting to see just how reliant they are on catalogue titles overall.

I know they don’t release viewing figures, but exactly how accurate is this site?

I’ve been sporadically looking at the charts for some of the streaming services and considering how much money these services spend on a lot of new TV/movie content, it’s interesting to see just how reliant they are on catalogue titles overall.
I'm not surprised that it's the catalogue titles they depend on. I think in general it's because there's just too much choice. It overwhelms people that there is so much they could watch, so they end up watching something they KNOW they will enjoy instead. I've said before that I think I'm at the extreme end of that, but in general the paradox of choice is a real thing. People prefer to have less options to choose from - having essentially limitless choice isn't a good thing.

Good. Paramount has some good stuff but not enough for me to ever consider getting them. I do Apple a couple of months a year just to catch up on the few things they have which are great; but they really lack catalogue movies. Seems like the perfect match.

"The companies have talked about rolling out a combined Paramount+ and Apple TV+ offering that would cost less than subscribing to both services separately."

JUST FUCKING MERGE OUTRIGHT YOU GREEDY CUNTS

The world doesn't need 'Paramount+'

I've got Prime and Spotify at the minute. And I'll get the WWE Network closer to the Royal Rumble.

I'm officially a student again so need to nosy discounts.

I'm really interested to see what the market is going to look like in a couple of years with moves like this and Netflix clamping down on password sharing.

As far as Prime is concerned, if they offered me a subscription where I could save £2.99 a month and lose the TV altogether, I'd take it. And perhaps just sign up for a month when the get the next Australian Survivor.

Adverts are now confirmed to be coming to Amazon Prime in the UK in February:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-67826592

They can piss off for the £2.99 extra a month.

I don't watch that much on Prime, which I have for the delivery really, but this certainly won't encourage me to do do.

I’m really fucking pissed off about this, and I would absolutely cancel out of protest if it wasn’t for the wider usage of Prime.

I won’t be paying extra for it, and it’ll just make me watch less of their content.

This idea that it will help them fund more premium content. Maybe if their premium content was better. I don’t like the idea that I’m paying for their billion dollar flops like LOTR. Pay for it yourself, you make enough.

Recently they took a bunch of stuff down here too including Mr Robot which I had on my watchlist. Less content but pay even more, good business model. I'm basically just waiting for the new season of The Boys to watch it together with Gen V or I'll just torrent them out of spite.

I’ve lost my access to Netflix but gained access to Prime.

Oh well, I got nearly 2 years use out of a 3 month fling.

Mr L has been rinsing Prime the last few weeks, as I've told him I'm not willing to pay more for no adverts, and he's not willing to consider TV with adverts.

I've just logged onto my Prime video and it's asked me to pay another £2.99 for ad free :manson:

Amazon is the shittest streaming service I've ever known..if it wasn't for free postage I'd cancel it. But ads now is an absolute joke

I've just logged onto my Prime video and it's asked me to pay another £2.99 for ad free :manson:

Amazon is the shittest streaming service I've ever known..if it wasn't for free postage I'd cancel it. But ads now is an absolute joke
Honestly I watched a film on Prime Video yesterday. In 90 minutes we had two 15 second ads. We barely noticed them. Anyway Rachey, watch Bottoms!

Honestly I watched a film on Prime Video yesterday. In 90 minutes we had two 15 second ads. We barely noticed them. Anyway Rachey, watch Bottoms!
I started watching a film and in the first 10 minutes I had a 60 second advert so I gave up. But partly cos the film seemed dull.

Just Googled Bottoms tho and it looks good! It's next on my list after I've finished My Life With The Walter Boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom