Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
At the moment it's just "JVCI recommends to the government", I don't think they've actually implemented the early boosters yet. For some reason the media yesterday kept reporting the recommendations as if they've actually happened and the govt doesn't have to umm and ahh for a while first.

At the moment it's just "JVCI recommends to the government", I don't think they've actually implemented the early boosters yet. For some reason the media yesterday kept reporting the recommendations as if they've actually happened and the govt doesn't have to umm and ahh for a while first.
In Scotland we by law have to follow the JCVI recommendations. It is just a matter of getting the operational side in line. The UK Government won't umm and ahh for a while either.

That's great because the last few times I got the tube in the last month it was me and two other people in a carriage of +80 people.

Saw quite a few wearing masks outside, which even I rarely bother with!

I hate to say it but (even a stopped clock etc) the government may be right in terms of "nudge theory" (but wrong in terms of rarely backing it up with enforcement). There are leaders who seed things, like "it's a good idea to wear a mask right now please", or starting a round of applause, or whatever - and then in general people do whatever everyone else seems to be doing. If the applause seems to be dying down, they stop clapping. If masks seem to be disappearing, they stop wearing them. If "no one seems to do 30 down this stretch of 30 limit" then no one else does.
Until a leadership figure successfully seeds it again. They hear a few people clapping, they see more masks appearing, they see more people sticking to 30... then they join in...

The thing is though, a LOT of people simple don’t watch or read any news. With the government being vague and changing their minds often, how are people supposed to know it’s “the law” again?

The thing is though, a LOT of people simple don’t watch or read any news. With the government being vague and changing their minds often, how are people supposed to know it’s “the law” again?
people talk! I'm pretty sure awareness of the mask mandate must be at a good 90%+. and even if you didn't know, one glance around a train carriage or at the supermarket would make it CLEAR

I got an email from TFL suggesting they will now have more powers to enforce mask-wearing since it’s law rather than a condition of carriage. Remains to be seen whether they actually bother though.

Just got a link to upgrade my Day 2 LFT to a PCR so that’s all FINE. Only an extra £25 which seems quite reasonable.

B556DCB9-6902-48E0-8693-518F34CD81A1.jpeg
Not STEPS being an omicron super spreader event!

12 of my year 7 class were off with Covid today.

From Monday Year 7 will all be in a BUBBLE in OUR DEPARTMENT.

Why the government didn't say ALL SECONDARY AGE children get the job, I don't know.

12 of my year 7 class were off with Covid today.

From Monday Year 7 will all be in a BUBBLE in OUR DEPARTMENT.

Why the government didn't say ALL SECONDARY AGE children get the job, I don't know.

At that level of infection, does the school not need to send you home to deep clean or anything?

Good to see virtually everyone walking into Sainsbury's today wearing a mask.

The lonely employee standing well into the store looking very awkward holding an open box of surgical masks seemed largely unbothered.

Oh FOR FUCK SAKES. Ireland are going back in to another partial lockdown. God give me STRENGTH.

Coronavirus: UK tightens travel rules amid Omicron spread https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59534685

More fucking changes :manson: we arrive back a few hours after the deadline so we’ve just had a big panic. Thankfully they do testing at the resort so we’ve booked for tomorrow.

Of course the Day 2 PCR tests we’ve just had to upgrade to are now fucking pointless.

Coronavirus: UK tightens travel rules amid Omicron spread https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59534685

More fucking changes :manson: we arrive back a few hours after the deadline so we’ve just had a big panic. Thankfully they do testing at the resort so we’ve booked for tomorrow.

Of course the Day 2 PCR tests we’ve just had to upgrade to are now fucking pointless.

My parents are due back from Malta on Weds so are panicking. My brother booked them the test at the airport for before they depart, but you know how older people are. They're now trying to get back Monday night as they think they're going to close the boarders.

Definitely. We’re lucky we’re at a big one that offers it already! Do your folks have the option?

I'm not sure actually, my brother has been dealing with it all from here. The whole thing makes me feel bad for the older generation because they just don't have a clue how to get these things done last minute. I think this experience will put my parents off travelling for a while.

It’s true. Booking our tests just now involved scanning a QR code and filling in a booking form on our phones in Spanish!! A lot of older folk would really struggle with that.

Hmmm seems like the friends they've gone with have said it's better to come back early before the rules change. Shame to miss out on 2 days when it's only a week long holiday anyway.

They’re already there, just tell them to book the pre departure test and enjoy themselves. They won’t close the borders with Malta with this short notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom