Denmark 2023: Reiley - Breaking My Heart

Willing to venture this fey old thriller as the greatest Danish entry since BIG ANJ, even if I'm not remotely convinced he's ever had a sip of red wine in his life :disco:

Can confirm that the silly little song he did that *samples the default iPhone ringtone* is rather good. I probably prefer this to Breaking My Heart (which is also growing on me even though he seems utterly rancid! :D)

Can confirm that the silly little song he did that *samples the default iPhone ringtone* is rather good. I probably prefer this to Breaking My Heart (which is also growing on me even though he seems utterly rancid! :D)

I came so close to entering this into ASFM a few months ago!

Finally proof that having a triangular head is no barrier to making it to Eurovision.

There are people convinced he will get the teenager votes in the 2nd semi-final for being attractive and popular (??).

Joker Out found crying in the corner.

I hope they keep digging. I'm sure they'll be able to link him to big sticker before long.

Also, that post led me down a rabbit hole to this glorious victory lap. Vocal powerhouse :disco:

Fascinating read on the mystery of his age and his supposed “industry plant” status here if you can be bothered with it:

The sheer energy spent, with so little reward. Unless the planter is LEGO or DANEPAK, I'm OUT.

Last edited:
I still don't really get what an industry plant is. It's just manufacturered method of launching a popstar isn't it? Present them to the world as if they're already famous, make up some story about their humble beginnings, watch them go viral, boom.

The same thing has always happened in the pre-Tik Tok days.

The age thing is a bit weird though. I can see why they want make him younger and more appealing to teens, but in this day and age when it's so easily disproven, it's a weird track to go down.

Yes the whole HE’S A PLANT outrage is just bizarre to me. Surely this has always happened, not least on shows like X Factor.

The age thing is a bit weird though. I can see why they want make him younger and more appealing to teens, but in this day and age when it's so easily disproven, it's a weird track to go down.

I'd hazard a guess that it's because he was gunning for a career in K Pop circles where the record label basically takes you out back and puts you out of your misery if you haven't made it by the grand old age of 21.

16F89145-9E9F-40F7-8E14-5568877C85E8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom