OceanGate Titan submersible incident

I suppose it’s only his STEP Dad. Depends on for how long, did he raise him and what their relationship is like. My ex-Step Dad is a lying cheating scumbag and there’s no love lost there at all.
Excellent point - we don't know anything about them beyond the basic legal/familial relationship.

Already prepping one of their catchy documentary titles for it, no doubt.

The Submarine That Went Under The Water To See Some Rusty Metal And Didn’t Come Back Up - new and exclusive to Channel 5.

Lizzy Cundy and Dr Fox said to be filming VERY EMOTIONAL talking heads as we speak.

Lizzy Cundy and Dr Fox said to be filming VERY EMOTIONAL talking heads as we speak.
Oh god I can already see the whole terrible thing

Kate Thornton voiceover: In 1957, a group of brave passengers set sail on a trip from Scotland to America aboard the maiden Titanic voyage. And thanks to a feature film made 60 years later about the expedition, the word Titanic has been on everybody’s lips.

Vanessa Feltz talking head: OH it’s undeniable that the Great British Public have a love affair with the sea and explorers - from Sir Walter Raleigh to Robert Falcon Scott - exploration is a fundamental part of being British. No wonder the film ‘Titanic’ was such a, excuse the pun, TITANIC hit.

Gina Yashere talking head: We’d be lying if we didn’t all pretend to be Celine Dion singing into our hairbrushes at some point in 1997!!

Toby Anstis head: All boys wanted to be Leonardo Di Caprio and all girls wanted to Kate Winslet. I’m not gay!

Someone from Love Island talking head: awwwww! When Jack died I was at my mums and I just wept like a baby lol

Kate Thornton voiceover: Sadly, some people in 2023 decided to take their love for the hit movie a little too far. Whilst most of us are happy to dust off our Titanic DVDs, in 2023 a group of very rich entrepreneurs decided that they wanted nothing more than to live on a Yellow Submarine and see the setting of the Ridley Scott film up close.

Richard Blackwood talking head: Now don’t get me wrong, I love The Little Mermaid. But go under the sea!? Jog on!

Kerry Katona: As a mum I’ll happily go to Iceland, but you’d have to pay ME to get inside the Atlantic Ocean!!

Uri Gellar: Many people don’t know this because it’s not true, but I was asked to be aboard that expedition.

etc

FACTUALLY INCORRECT

As I’m seeing him in about an hour at some private Sophie Ellis Bextor gig :disco:

At least debris suggests they got turned into billionaire smoothies nice and quick and didn't spend four days asphyxiating in a portaloo on the ocean floor. Small mercies.
On the other hand, it can also only mean that the banging sounds were the ghost of Leonardo DiCaprio trying to lure rescuers to their dooms.

• Wow
Reactions: GNL
The debris field sounds like the end of the line to be honest. I don’t think they’d leak that fact unless they were pretty confident it was the Titan.

Hopefully they just died straight away then, which will ruin the movie version.

it’s a relief that they were killed so quickly. I have spent the past days feeling so morbid about the whole thing. I’ve always had a massive fear of enclosed spaces ever since my grandmother told me about how in 1964 she was stuck in a small private elevator during a home invasion.

Last edited:
If the sub imploded everybody onboard would have been unaware and would have died in a fraction of a second. Which is some consolation I suppose. I was still holding out hope of the rover finding it this afternoon, attaching the cable to get it hoisted up and get the people into the hyperbaric chamber.

God the poor pilot being HAND PICKED for this suicide mission by the billionaire!

IMG_3194.jpeg

I know wealthy people deserve to die and personally I’m pleased they carked it but hopefully they got some nice pics x

THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE READ LITERALLY

:hostage:

The older sister of Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood feels "absolutely heartbroken" that her brother and her 19-year-old nephew were aboard the Titan vessel.

"I feel very bad that the whole world has had to go through so much trauma, so much suspense," Azmeh Dawood said in a phone interview this afternoon, speaking from the home in Amsterdam she shares with her husband.

"I feel like I’ve been caught in a really bad film, with a countdown, but you didn’t know what you’re counting down to," she said, fighting back tears. "I personally have found it kind of difficult to breathe thinking of them."

Azmeh claimed that her nephew did not want to go on the submarine but agreed to take part in the expedition because it was important to his father, a lifelong Titanic obsessive. Suleman "wasn't very up for it" and "terrified," she claimed, explaining that the 19-year-old expressed his concerns to another family member.

"If you gave me a million dollars, I would not have gotten into the Titan," she said.

Horrific

The older sister of Pakistani businessman Shahzada Dawood feels "absolutely heartbroken" that her brother and her 19-year-old nephew were aboard the Titan vessel.

"I feel very bad that the whole world has had to go through so much trauma, so much suspense," Azmeh Dawood said in a phone interview this afternoon, speaking from the home in Amsterdam she shares with her husband.

"I feel like I’ve been caught in a really bad film, with a countdown, but you didn’t know what you’re counting down to," she said, fighting back tears. "I personally have found it kind of difficult to breathe thinking of them."

Azmeh claimed that her nephew did not want to go on the submarine but agreed to take part in the expedition because it was important to his father, a lifelong Titanic obsessive. Suleman "wasn't very up for it" and "terrified," she claimed, explaining that the 19-year-old expressed his concerns to another family member.

"If you gave me a million dollars, I would not have gotten into the Titan," she said.

Horrific
How awful. I’d have been terrified even if it DIDN’T resemble some wonky Soviet thing made of plastic and a few milk bottle tops. Why did ANYONE agree to get in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom