OceanGate Titan submersible incident

Wow - that is a strong statement from auntie. Verges on manslaughter on the part of the father for that poor boy.

Wow - that is a strong statement from auntie. Verges on manslaughter on the part of the father for that poor boy.
I doubt he forcibly dragged him in. It sounds like the son was just trying to be nice

Reactions: GNL
What I really don’t get is why nobody in there seemed to have thought to check the safety records. It’s not like you’re just popping down the road in something

I doubt he forcibly dragged him in. It sounds like the son was just trying to be nice

Exactly - trying to be nice. Coercion frankly. Parents need to realise the power they have over their kids.

Exactly - trying to be nice. Coercion frankly. Parents need to realise the power they have over their kids.
Well that’s an eternal issue. But it’s not like he was FIVE

Good for her for speaking up! The father didn't drag him on Splash Mountain at Disney World, but a highly risky mission with "DEATH" written 3 times on the first page of the waiver alone.

I'd be furious.

WHY AREN'T GRIEVING AUNTS MEDIA TRAINED!?

Never would have happened under HER watch

Screenshot_20230622-231348~2.png

Well that’s an eternal issue. But it’s not like he was FIVE

If he was 17 people would call him a child. That arbitrary cut off of 18 isn’t enough for me I’m afraid. Most kids are still their parents’ children many years after they become adults, even when they’re adult in every other part of their life.

The coverage, discourse and just everything about this long crossed the border of grotesque. Truly a wild story on every conceivable level.

This is fun/terrifying!

Who names these creatures! "Terrible claw lobster", "gummy shark".

Also this link is amazing and petrifying. I never knew I had a fear of the deep ocean until fairly recently. But it fascinates me. I'd LOVE to go to the very bottom, as deep as you can, just to experience it. But only if it was 110% safe and didn't cost me £250k 🤣

I note the press absolutely overdoing it. In particular the "TITANIC CLAIMS ANOTHER FIVE LIVES" stuff is bullshit.

Who names these creatures! "Terrible claw lobster", "gummy shark".

Also this link is amazing and petrifying. I never knew I had a fear of the deep ocean until fairly recently. But it fascinates me. I'd LOVE to go to the very bottom, as deep as you can, just to experience it. But only if it was 110% safe and didn't cost me £250k 🤣
I don't have a fear of it as such, but it is fascinating to think that you see nothing at the surface, but that life is going on way deeper than Mount Everest is high.

Who doesn't love a good Wikipedia underwater disaster spiral?

This sent me down a rabbit hole where I read about the Byford Dolphin accident which happened in 1983, although I have zero childhood recollection of it.

Gruesome indeed.

I saw a Tik Tok about that last night and immediately googled the pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
I watched the Read Admiral do his TV stint last night and was impressed how he dodged the question about bringing the bodies up but then I heard a bloke on radio news this morning asking how will they recover them. Wouldn't it be better to just say "there are no bodies" and leave it at that, they can go into the gory detail of why if questioned.

I watched the Read Admiral do his TV stint last night and was impressed how he dodged the question about bringing the bodies up but then I heard a bloke on radio news this morning asking how will they recover them. Wouldn't it be better to just say "there are no bodies" and leave it at that, they can go into the gory detail of why if questioned.
I’m picturing the press conference where they announce that the bodies have been successfully recovered. The first question will be, ‘what’s that bucket of slightly pink seawater?’

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom