Steps - Scared of the Dark [NUMBER FUCKING ONE SINGLE]

i've probably said it before but why is this not the uk's eurovision song this year. i mean seriously.

Dare I say it, I think it might be a bit too BRITISH for that sort of malarkey

Although it would obviously be a x15,000,000 improvement on SCOOCH

oh it would never win but that's not the point. it would be everything.

I think they were asked recently about going to Eurovision and they all seemed less than happy with the thought of doing it.

Given that they're giving their fans what they want, maybe they can do it next year.

Rylan was on This Morning earlier and hinted they'll be on the show performing shortly. The video isn't that bad.

All they need is a slot on The Graham Norton Show or something.

Ehh... I agree the solo bits are all great, in fact it's all pretty good. Wandering around an old Doctor Who backdrop alien moonbase convention centre.

But the group routine is so weird, the same static shot, weird unsynced and rigid dance routine, and the backdrop projects just looking like a screen saver. It could've looked been a lot more dynamic.

But yes, yay steps, we are lucky to even get it

No!! I changed my mind, it's amazing

I just don't like that first "don't let the darkness come and hold me" bit of the routine.

The first 5 seconds slays me. A Say You'll Be Mine use of movie tropes: Faye in Titanic, Lisa in X-Men, Claire in Black Swan. Meanwhile the boys are in a reboot of TV's Knightmare, with Lee moonlighting in a stiff neck relaxant commercial.

And Ian "H" Watkins' confetti flame fart

Reactions: ZZ
Rylan was on This Morning earlier and hinted they'll be on the show performing shortly. The video isn't that bad.

All they need is a slot on The Graham Norton Show or something.

Album release day they are performing. Then that Mrs. Browns Boys the following Saturday.

So I assume between the 14th and 21st they will be trying for another 2-3 performances? Loose Women, Lorraine and the like? Is Johnathan Ross still on/Alan Carr/Graham? One of those would get a much wider audience for album release.

It is quite cruddy what with the not exactly synced routine but FAYE! :disco:

They'll be on Sunday Night at the London Palladium or whatever it's called too, the weekend of the album release. Doing Scared of the Dark and a classic apparently.

#1 ON YOUTUBE TRENDING! Another #1 to add to the already exhaustive list.

Do you know what, we're hardly in the golden age of video and I think it's actually perfectly fine. The dance routine was never going to be as happy-clappy as their classic ones. I just love Lisa trying SO hard to look every inch the popstar and completely forgetting to sing parts of the chorus.

Faye and Claire looking fucking amazing. Claire especially.

Back up to #51 last week on sales only.

7-43-79-51. Should hold well this week as they're still top 50 on iTunes thanks to the video.

Album release week should hopefully see it easily back in the sales top 40 again.

Fabulous to see them all over iTunes.

#39 - You Make Me Whole
#51 - Scared of The Dark
#142 - Sacred of The Dark (Acoustic)

Not necessarily what anyone wants at the disco but how lovely is the acoustic version of this?

The acoustic version is a very pleasant. It would have been nice if they had got the others and not just Claire to do the vocals over though.

MTV UNPLUGGED to be EXHUMED just so we can get an acoustic version of Never or Now please.

Steps confirmed to play at Mel Beh's divorce party.
Reports indicate they will perform the comeback single, a steps classic, and a cover from the classic album hot (out now)

Reports indicate they will perform the comeback single, a steps classic, and a cover from the classic album hot (out now)

Are they the sole guests?

7-43-79-51-41 on sales now.

No idea if #41 and their minimal (but still existent - I imagine by the total plays that they are about #300 on streaming) streaming is enough for it to be in the official top 200?

Oh I was in Newcastle and by god they played* the living shit out of this as well all weekend long. It was bliss.

*(I may have been the one requesting it a few times :disco: )

I'm sure Lis' & Faye have made Claire very uncomfortable many a time blasting Pack Your Shit at full volume from their shared dressing room.

First performance tonight. And down to 59p on iTunes. Their team is certainly playing this out lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom