Food heaven & hell

Heaven:

61BA0D18-B917-4704-87FF-F4B098390F50.jpeg

Hell:
Tripe. Just the smell when it was being cooked made me gag as a child.
Sandwich spread, just why???
This German delicacy - Kesselfleisch, boiled pork. Basically all parts of a pig (including the head, tail and hooves) boiled in some broth. This picture is actually appetizing compared to what it usually looks like:
182968843-h-720.jpg
My dog loves it but it's only an occasional special occasion/ birthday treat for him because his tripe farts are something else :vomit:

M&S and Aldi had some mac and cheese toastie last year, not that different I'd say...

I’m just a sucker for a limited edition flavour. They have all sorts in that series, usual ones like jam, then steadily more “ok I guess?” Like chocolate and whipped cream, or honey and margarine, then through to carbonara and fried noodles

Just wondering what Moopy will make of my lunch, sitting at a train platform eating a Spaghetti Carbonara sandwich.
It was out of grim curiosity more than anything, it even had bits of spaghetti in it
“It even had bits of spaghetti in it” INDEED :D:eyes::D

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT

Sort of relatedly, this is certainly a MEMORY :)

iceland_stonebaked_mac__cheese_pizza_364g_68704.jpg

File that one under HELL

I hate to say it but the long-awaited macaroni pie I had when in Glasgow was similarly disappointing if obviously not AS disappointing. I went to Old Salty’s so I don’t think the vendor was the issue. Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood? Or maybe it needs some quantity of tomato? (I suppose I could have used ketchup)

• Care
Reactions: COB
And of course the range of grotty corn snacks we've all discussed ad nauseum in various crisps lounges over the years (Quarter Backs, Oinks and so forth).

@COB Rather than giving me a care emoji which you know I hate (:tongueout:) - enjoy your Dairylea, it’s poisoned :disco: - do tell me if there’s somewhere else I should have gone for macaroni pie. AND DON’T PRETEND YOU’VE NEVER INDULGED

:enya:

:shock: Goodness gracious. Glaswegian credentials STRAIGHT OUT THE WINDOW! You’ll be telling us you’ve never had a battered Mars Bar next :(

Who else can I ask? @ZenGiraffe! Achtung! ACHTUNG!

Where can you eat it? :D

Just in seafood restaurants! It looks somewhere between jizz and blancmange

Oh I forgot @Queen of the Bay if you don’t want fish eggs then keep away from Mentaiko - I think it’s the whole egg sac or something from a cod fish, it looks like when you’ve mostly used a bar of soap and it gets all flat and oval - except it’s made of fish eggs

Remembering Iguana's face of disgust when I straight up made a spag bol sandwich at dinner quite early on in our relationship. :disco: "that is disgusting" I think was how it went.

Mr Sheena has a saying that "Everything is better in a sandwich".

We tested this theory in a bored day at work once- A cottage pie sandwich was the winner. But the ice cream I bought for comedy effect and served on a granary bap went down quite well.

Mr Sheena has a saying that "Everything is better in a sandwich".

We tested this theory in a bored day at work once- A cottage pie sandwich was the winner. But the ice cream I bought for comedy effect and served on a granary bap went down quite well.
Cottage pie sounds messy, but absolutely can see it working. 😋

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom